Burning my NM points

luv2huntelk

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like NM is set to really hit the NR elk hunters next year so I’ve decided to burn my maxed out NM preference points. Looking for advice on the very best unit that I’m guaranteed to draw. Primarily looking for elk in the 390+ range.

I’m not into scouting so I’ll need a unit that I can arrive and take an elk the first morning (maybe hold out til that evening). I’m not afraid to hike 100-150 yds from the road so that puts me ahead of most folks. Elevation gain gets me though, so I hope to hunt terrain flat and wide open.

Please help as the draw deadline is tomorrow. I understand privacy, so welcome to just DM me your OnX waypoints of elk that meet my criteria. I promise not to share your info until after my hunt.

Thanks in advance!

TBR, anyone else hear about NM gearing up to change NR fees and costs next year? Sounds like a swift cup check is coming.

Trevor96

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like NM is set to really hit the NR elk hunters next year so I’ve decided to burn my maxed out NM preference points. Looking for advice on the very best unit that I’m guaranteed to draw. Primarily looking for elk in the 390+ range.
You better get on the before the point creep catches you

JD Jones

WKR
If it were my points I’d burn em on a La Panza unit hunt. Best of luck but plan on getting in shape. Usually have at least a 150yard hike but fortunately you can use motor vehicles for recovery in this unit

Speck1

Lil-Rokslider
I’m sure there is a high fence place that would gladly accommodate you and your max points. Should be able to shoot from the buggy😂. I guess that’s why I never can draw NM. I apply every year with zero points.

Hondo0925

Lil-Rokslider
Wow I’m in the same boat. I mean I base all my decisions on what online social media friendships tell me to do.

svivian

WKR
Hell this still isnt as bad as some of the posts ive seen.... Least in this scenario you are a NR asking for help and not a resident like a recent one. :ROFLMAO:

OP
L

luv2huntelk

Lil-Rokslider
I’m sure there is a high fence place that would gladly accommodate you and your max points. Should be able to shoot from the buggy😂. I guess that’s why I never can draw NM. I apply every year with zero points
I’m sure there is a high fence place that would gladly accommodate you and your max points. Should be able to shoot from the buggy😂. I guess that’s why I never can draw NM. I apply every year with zero points.
You’re WAY behind. I’ve got 10x the number of points you have.

Coues123

FNG
I'd recommend the Diamond A Ranch. Seth and Sam will bend over backwards to assist you on your hunt. A 390 bull would be on the smaller side of bulls seen recently in this area.
The caretakers of the ranches to the south take very seriously any type of trespassing.
There are many predators in the area. If you leave your vehicle to retrieve your trophy there is a high probability your vehicle will be gone.
Good luck and post pics of all colorful game in the area.