Bull hiss/moo/blow/huff--> What is he saying?

svivian

WKR
No but i definitely learned how to bark. It has saved me once or twice when i have been winded.

"I was here first and I am thirsty...."

"PS: We are about to not be friends for a couple months..."

psp8ball

FNG
I think it's definitely a dominance sound. Corey Jacobsen had this happen to him on his 2019 elk hunt. They were standing around the elk he'd just killed, when a great 6 point saunters up to them, sees the dead bull in "his" spot and hisses. He was so close Corey had to move for fear of getting gored.

Start at the 28:47 mark.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Is a hiss a part of anyone's calling repertoire?
Why would you want to incorporate "beat it loser, unless you want to get hurt" into your calling repertoire? Although I have thrown rocks at raghorns and a spike before to get them to leave. They're like puppy dogs sometimes and just want to play when I want them to leave before they blow up my chances at the herd bull.

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
Why would you want to incorporate "beat it loser, unless you want to get hurt" into your calling repertoire? Although I have thrown rocks at raghorns and a spike before to get them to leave. They're like puppy dogs sometimes and just want to play when I want them to leave before they blow up my chances at the herd bull.

What happens when bull A thinks he is bad daddy and bull B thinks he is wicked daddy, and they are in the same space?