Building a rifle, have stock questions. Peak 44 bastion.

adanymous

FNG
Long time lurker, first time poster I think. As the title says. I had WTO install a switchlug on my M7 mausingfield. Im expecting my peak44 bastion end of the month ish. My question is, what is the best procedure for inletting that switchlug. Id prefer to not have to drop the stock to switch barrels. Also what inletting dye works on a black stock?

Closed top M7 Mausingfield with all the bolt faces/extractors (Im an old school rifle nerd)
Bartlein barrels in 300WSM 22Creed .308 and working on a 300 BLK (I stick with .30 and .22 cause I swage my own)
Hawkins DBM Hunter
Timney "The Hit"
Peak 44 bastion and prob a Woox Furiosa when I get back from Elk camp
Leupold VX6HD 4-24x52 and prob aVX6HD 2-12x42 for woods work. AND an insight CNVDT for after dark
Rok Ti comp or a SilencerCo Harvester til I pick a cool Ti can.

OP
A

adanymous

FNG
I guess that wasnt my first post. But heres some 300blk questions regarding this rifle. So I havent ordered a bbl yet for 300 blk. I want it to be threaded as close to the end of the stock as possible. Id also really like for it to be a carbon bonded barrel, like bartlein or proof not carbon sleeved like weatherby. Does anyone make a short carbon barrel blank?

I understand the NFA and have many such items. No need for a talkin to.

Also, I ordered a steel .308 26" 1/10 bartlein thinking id shoot some .308 comps. But I think Ill just get more hours at work and make some money instead of spending MORE money. If anyone is in NE Tx HMU Ill make you a decent deal. I do not expect to sell on a forum with 6 posts.

OP
A

adanymous

FNG
I swear, Im done after this. I forgot that I need a barrel with an unusual twist for that 300blk. So barrel maker must do custom twist. I shoot mostly .311-247 cast and powdercoated bullets from an NOE mold. Always subs. SO I need a 1-7.

bbckfh

Lil-Rokslider
Bartlein will custom-cut darn near any barrel you want. Call them.

Your unique combo of short (<16”?), carbon (is the carbon going to get you much, that short?), 1:7, .311 bore may be a rare beast, but not impossible.

If I had to suggest dropping any of those components in that particular 300blk barrel to get you what you want, it’d be the carbon.

Reactions: NSI