Bugle Reports.

4rcgoat

WKR
NE Wyoming. Had some bugling bulls the first 4 days,got into 1 that was really pissed off,he was still by himself. Got a few responses but with the 80 degree weather they are timbered up and don't want to play. Temps are now in the 30's and loud wet crunchy snow up high,hopefully it softens up a bit this weekend. Saw a herd of about 20 cows yesterday, not a single bull with them.

hobbes

WKR
One good bull bugling in MT this morning. He was chasing his cows trying to keep them in line. He was done by 7:30 AM or so. The side by that drove into the canyon didn't help. Lost track of him afterwards.

Smokey today.
IMG_20220911_082233947_HDR.jpg

hobbes

WKR
What part of MT? Has smoke been getting worse or better?
Smoke showed up last weekend. I think it's from California. I didn't notice it yesterday, but it was noticeable today and I could occasionally smell it. It's not as bad as I've seen it.

Was in North Central Colorado from 9/3-9/9. Heard one respond the morning of 9/3 and the evening of 9/8 but not until after dark. Didn’t hear any sound off on their own. It was hot.

hobbes

WKR
2 or 3 bulls bugling before daylight. A few bugles after shooting light then all went quiet. 81 degrees at camp and the smoke is heavier than yesterday.
IMG_20220912_092758973_HDR.jpg

big44a4

WKR
I heard plenty of bugles from 9/6-9/9 in southern CO OTC. Were bugling until 8am and started up at 6pm where I was at even in the hot daytime temps. Not typical at all.

selbyt31

FNG
Classified Approved
SW Montana. 2 lazy bugles from the same bedded bull in 6 days so far, including scouting. Hoping things change soon.
Same boat. Few lazy bugles and a chuckle. Won’t respond. Been in for 5 days now SW

widnert

Lil-Rokslider
Smoke is in solid again in SW MT. Temps went up into upper 80's. over the weekend. Today is supposed to be a change with cooler temps starting tomorrow and chances of rain all week. Last week was really quiet where I was with only one far-off quiet bugle for 3 days of hunting. Managed to bring in a cow-elk Sunday morning. Never saw her boyfriend after :20 mins with her within 15 yards. She couldn't find me so I was letting her feed while soft-bugling and cow-calling while using her as bait. I'm thinking things are about to get really going by the end of this week.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Northern Co, hunted the first 8 days… minimal bugling in the morning, with a hard stop at day break. Heading back up for 10 more days starting Friday, I’m hoping they will be a little more active then. That early season heat was no joke.

BigLou

FNG
full on rut fest last night in "central" Montana. Probably saw 20 bulls and heard 500 bugles.

hobbes

WKR
Not a peep this morning. I'm assuming "my elk" have moved a drainage or two, but I had to come home early today and didn't have time to try to relocate.

ganngus

Lil-Rokslider
Bulls where going absolutely berserk where I was hunting the past week in NM.