Budget Wide Fixed blades

Looking for suggestions. Wanting a cut on contact head. Limiting cost due to the high possibility of losing arrows while hunting marshes.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Magnus as well. They flat work and fly great. They’re an even better company.

Mwing98

FNG
I just bought some magnus stinger 2 blade and am going to try them for hogs this season.

Can I be that guy?

I get guys that come hunt every year, budget blades aren’t good blades. Just like budget arrows aren’t good arrows, if you’re worried about money, you’re in the wrong hobby. You gotta pay to play, just like using a rifle sub par ammo gives sub par results.

You owe it to the animals to use quality stuff, seen guys shoot elk with budget blades, and couldn’t find them, we shot one during rifle later on one year and found both blades broke on the rib, so he basically sent a field point through the elk.

I understand arrows passing through and you lose them, I hope ur not missing animals and worried about losing arrows cause then you just gotta go practice. I’ve always shot quality blades with great warranties so when I do find them of the broadhead is junk it’s replaced, well worth it. I also use lighted nocks now and that has made it a million times easier to find arrows even stuck under grass and everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the only part that kills the animal. We spend thousands on bows, releases, sights, etc. The last thing you want to do is scrimp on the lethal end. Cut costs elsewhere would be my suggestion.

Fullfan

WKR
Magnus Black Hornets for me. Just priced 6 Iw 125's. Total after shipping and tax, total was 277.00. That is 46.00 per head. LOL

stv117

Lil-Rokslider
Perhaps check out the Ronin 2 then. Here it is compared to a Bradford Guardian 3 wharnie.

Attachments

• ronin2 vs guardian3 wharnie.jpg
    ronin2 vs guardian3 wharnie.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 34

Zac

WKR
I guess it depends on what you would call budget. Anyways there is some very reasonable options.
GrizzlyStik Overkill, Kudu, and Simmons all offer fairly wide cuts at an affordable price.

BKM

FNG
StealForce Big Phathead 4 blade is an incredible monster cut fixed blade.

They fly really well and are HUGE

I killed a buck with a DRT years ago. They planed pretty badly at longer distances but were decent at typical whitetail ranges.

Dave_

Lil-Rokslider
I've used alot of heads an I keep going back to slick trick mags. They just fly well and kill quick.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
F
Can I be that guy?

I get guys that come hunt every year, budget blades aren’t good blades. Just like budget arrows aren’t good arrows, if you’re worried about money, you’re in the wrong hobby. You gotta pay to play, just like using a rifle sub par ammo gives sub par results.

You owe it to the animals to use quality stuff, seen guys shoot elk with budget blades, and couldn’t find them, we shot one during rifle later on one year and found both blades broke on the rib, so he basically sent a field point through the elk.

I understand arrows passing through and you lose them, I hope ur not missing animals and worried about losing arrows cause then you just gotta go practice. I’ve always shot quality blades with great warranties so when I do find them of the broadhead is junk it’s replaced, well worth it. I also use lighted nocks now and that has made it a million times easier to find arrows even stuck under grass and everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Guess I should have prefaced that this is for whitetail hunting, so more than likely 40 and in. So you are telling me if I can not spend the money on the absolute best I should not be out hunting, guess the old timers up until at least 2010 or later were absolutely wrong in what and how they did things. Budget does not always mean crap products.

Thanks for assuming I am a shit-shot and worried about losing arrows in that way. If your quality broad head is junk after shooting it at most things, less than a brick wall, is it really quality? Or do you just not know how to resharpen it to reuse it? Those lighted nocks are also adding weight to the back of your arrow that is not really needed. Those nocks arent going to do much anyway if an arrow is buried under cattails and marsh grass with. 6 inches of water over the top of them. Guess I am probably a crappy hunter for hunting in such a setting also, again refer to the guys shooting big deer in the upper mid-west.