Rifle Case

For storage at home I would just prop it in a corner without a case. If you want a case I would use one that is canvas with a flannel inside as they seem to keep moisture away the best. IMHO.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Pelican is the best. Plano makes a heavier duty one though that is similar to a pelican. I’ve used those for the past 10 years but now I also have a pelican which is nice because it has wheels.

I didn’t think wheels mattered that much until I had them.

Crews

FNG
Pelicans (and similar) are for open truck beds and the goons handling commercial airline baggage. Storing a gun in one at home is a mistake. And they suck to lug around.

For anything else, soft cases are superior. I like Grey Ghost Gear & Armageddon Gear for scoped carbines and rifles. I love Boyt Harness better than both.

I also run a 2 case set up, I have a Pelican hard case and an FHF gear soft case, the nice thing is the FHF gear case fits into the Pelican case if you take the foam out of the Pelican case. I like this set up for trips as I can put the soft case into the pelican and when I get to where I am going i can leave the hard case at the outfitters base. You can also strap the FHF gear case to the back of the drivers seats, which was awesome for Montana elk season this year.

Welcome.

I have some pelicans and SKB cases that I tend to fly with. Pelicans are tanks. Expensive, heavy and bombproof. The SKB 5009 cases are good too. A notch below pelican, but mine have been fine apart from some lock issues that were fixed under warranty.

SKB iseries are a good option. Single rifle case is about $150. Not as heavy, bombproof or expensive as pelican, but mine have been fine as truck cases and have flown once or twice without issue. Nice sweet spot of value and function.

I have some lower end cases from Plano too. They serve a purpose and are better than nothing but long term they have not held up. Next to no security - you can pry them apart with your hands- or crush protection and little in the way of protection if you knock them around. If it were me and I could spend the money, I would spring for one of those iseries cases instead.