BTX or Pure 14’s

king402

FNG
What would you do? I have SLC 15’s and an ATX 95/65. I was planning to get the BTX but now I’m thinking of selling my SLC’s and getting the Pure 14’s. Ideally I’d get both but that’s a lot of $$. Which route would you go first?

WRO

WKR
Pure 14s, I don’t find myself spending as much time behind my btx as I thought I would. I’d get an stc next if I was in your position I love mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
king402

king402

FNG
This is the direction I’ve been leaning. I’d love a btx, just not sure I want to pack it around or how much I’d really use it.

BBob

WKR
It comes down to what the purpose is. In some instances with BTX or Twins they’ll outdo any 15x binoculars. Coues deer? I rarely leave home without the big guns and the 15’s get left behind.

What is your purpose?

OP
king402

king402

FNG
Mostly mule deer and elk in ID, WY, UT, and CO. The 2 guys I hunt with both have the BTX and I’ve looked through them a lot. I really like them and I know I’d use them just not sure how much….

Bailer

Lil-Rokslider
I agree with Bob, they all have their time and place. You already have 15’s. Would incrementally better 14/15’s find more game for you or would adding a 30/35?

I currently have 12’s and a btx and it’s a pretty solid combo. For some of what I do 10’s and 15’s would be a better combo. I’ve also been looking way off with the btx trying to tell if I was looking at an antler tip or a stick and wishing I had an ATX eyepiece with me. Without unlimited funds and a pack mule it’s a compromise.

BTX, in the right situations, will actually help you find more deer than the 15s.

A “better” pair of 15s might give you a slight advantage over the current 15s..I don’t know that it would be as much of a game changer.

If the terrain you hunt is conducive to long range glassing…I’d take the btx (or better yet twin STCs). I can say without a doubt using the BTX over the past few years has led to animals being found and killed that I would not have seen with 12s or 15s.

Just depends on the terrain and your hunting style.

OP
king402

king402

FNG
BTX, in the right situations, will actually help you find more deer than the 15s.

A “better” pair of 15s might give you a slight advantage over the current 15s..I don’t know that it would be as much of a game changer.

If the terrain you hunt is conducive to long range glassing…I’d take the btx (or better yet twin STCs). I can say without a doubt using the BTX over the past few years has led to animals being found and killed that I would not have seen with 12s or 15s.

Just depends on the terrain and your hunting style.
Dang, this makes sense to me. I was pretty set on the new 14’s but now you’ve got me really thinking. Twin STC’s would be awesome.

OP
king402

king402

FNG
Awesome way of looking at it!! Man, I hadn't been considering the STC's but now I am heavily considering it.