BT1 Bikini Pack

Lawnboi

WKR
If it’s in good shape it will do it all.

T1 is a good bag, most guys on here seem like they are buying new bags monthly, but I can assure you the t1 bag is a great one and done bag. I personally didn’t care for the bikini frame.

RustyHazen

Lil-Rokslider
Can't go wrong with a T1. Perfect amount of organization and tons of space. I recently bought a 44 Mag for shorter trips, but anything else, the T1 is it. It will do it all.

OP
trophyhill
If it’s in good shape it will do it all.

T1 is a good bag, most guys on here seem like they are buying new bags monthly, but I can assure you the t1 bag is a great one and done bag. I personally didn’t care for the bikini frame.

Thanks for the feedback. Curious why you didn't care for the frame?

Lawnboi

WKR
Thanks for the feedback. Curious why you didn't care for the frame?

The torso pads poked into my back weird, just fit me goofy. I can’t explain it much more than that. I now have and am happy with a hunting duplex, same curvature on the stays.

Had a plain t1 as well and had no problem with the built in frame.

ridgefire

WKR
My son uses the bikini frame with a highcamp bag and he loves it. I have a timberline bag and have not seen a reason to upgrade if that's even possible.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
I used a bikini frame on a T3 for years. The top cross member is the weak link but it would not stop me from using one again. Loved that frame.

Clovis

Lil-Rokslider
I have the bikini frame with the bigger highcamp bag--it is simple and light. I have no reasonable complaints. For me it doesn't carry a really heavy load as comfortably as a more robust frame, but I can make it work and it definitely light and comfortable for me for anything short of the really heavy loads.

I have a T1, T2 and the new 44 Mag. I will probably sell the T2 and run the T1 on long trips and the 44 Mag on just about everything else. The T1 is a very capable bag for sure. I also have a bikini frame and like using it on trips where I'm mostly just using a day pack from the truck.

Maverick1

WKR
I've been using the bikini frame since it came out and am very happy with its performance. It has done really well for several years with the Timberline 2 and 3 bags on hunts up to 15 days and hauling out the first load of meat before I switch to a frame pack for the rest of the meat. I 'fixed' the issue with the shoulder pads moving around by using a short piece of paracord and 'tethering' the shoulder pad to the frame. (This was not really a big deal, just one thing I did so that it fit ME a little bit better and kept the shoulder pads in place more consistently.) I also have a duplex frame, and while it is 'stiffer' - I prefer the bikini frame as it isn't as rigid and moves with my body better.

Love my bikini frame and use it with an AMR or DT1 bag anytime I’m backpacking or hunting. It’s been the one constant frame in my cache of gear. Will gladly grab another when the right deal pops up. That DT1 bag is near perfect for an all around bag. Great space and organization. Can’t see getting rid of either bag or bikini frame any time soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk