Browning xbolt stock

Orehunter

FNG
I have a Browning Xbolt "long range stalker" model. The stock cracked on it so I'm looking for reccomendations on an aftermarket stock. Any recommendations?

Deli

Lil-Rokslider
Any info on when Rokstok and Stockys will be releasing their stocks for the X Bolt? I've only seen "spring" for timing, but haven't seen a set planned date.

On the last s2h stocky's podcast episode they mentioned that they hadn't started on the x-bolt inlet and weren't sure on if it would require a different stock mold yet. I didn't get the impression a guy should count on stocky's x-bolt stocks being available soon.

grfox92

WKR
On the last s2h stocky's podcast episode they mentioned that they hadn't started on the x-bolt inlet and weren't sure on if it would require a different stock mold yet. I didn't get the impression a guy should count on stocky's x-bolt stocks being available soon.
Didn't they say they were able to get it into the VG2? Or was that the M70?

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

Darryle

WKR
Classified Approved
Is it a short action?

What about a Target Max Competition Lite with the ARCA Swiss rail, lop spacers and has 2 QD sling swivels on the left side? Pictures if you are interested.

mdtennant

WKR
Any info on when Rokstok and Stockys will be releasing their stocks for the X Bolt? I've only seen "spring" for timing, but haven't seen a set planned date.

Didn't they say they were able to get it into the VG2? Or was that the M70?

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

I recently [within the past 2 weeks] reached out to both UM and Stocky's. Both replied quickly and shared what information they had.

I was told that as of right now, there is no x-bolt stock in the works at either UM or Stocky's. It is on the list, but from the email responses I received, nobody is devoting resources to make it happen any time soon.

So, where this might happen at some point, I would not hold your breath for either a RokStok or a Stocky's in an x-bolt inlet.

Believe me, I am rather disappointed in this, as I feel the available stocks for x-bolts range from mediocre to absolute garbage, and would love to see a RokStok in an x-bolt LA.

Deli

Lil-Rokslider
I recently [within the past 2 weeks] reached out to both UM and Stocky's. Both replied quickly and shared what information they had.

I was told that as of right now, there is no x-bolt stock in the works at either UM or Stocky's. It is on the list, but from the email responses I received, nobody is devoting resources to make it happen any time soon.

So, where this might happen at some point, I would not hold your breath for either a RokStok or a Stocky's in an x-bolt inlet.

Believe me, I am rather disappointed in this, as I feel the available stocks for x-bolts range from mediocre to absolute garbage, and would love to see a RokStok in an x-bolt LA.
I actually contacted Stocky's just using their chat feature about 2 months ago and they said that they were trying to get an Xbolt stock out by fall 2024. I'm wondering if something changed and they scrapped it or if the person I was talking to just had incorrect information. For now I'm just holding out and making due with my current setup.

kevlar88

Lil-Rokslider
I actually contacted Stocky's just using their chat feature about 2 months ago and they said that they were trying to get an Xbolt stock out by fall 2024. I'm wondering if something changed and they scrapped it or if the person I was talking to just had incorrect information. For now I'm just holding out and making do with my current setup.
I was told the same, I guess the time line has changed.

Nicaburns

Lil-Rokslider
I called a few weeks ago and was told end of summer…. Guess we are all getting different stories

WI-Carcosa

Lil-Rokslider
I got a GRS Bifrost for my x bolt. It’s been ok and the only option that even seemed remotely decent aftermarket at the moment. I got the stock before joining Rokslide, and after reviewing some DIY threads the factory stock with a tub of bondo could be a good cheap option. I would rather have a Rokstok but will wait patiently for that.

mdtennant

WKR
I called a few weeks ago and was told end of summer…. Guess we are all getting different stories

For timing reference:

Two days ago, I received no time commitment on availability from Stocky's, which I understand, as people are busy, priorities evolve, and recourses are not unlimited. My response was gentle encouragement to keep it in cue and prioritize as able.

At a high level, I am not sure we are getting entirely different stories, although it may appear that way due to receipt of some specific time frames. In my warped mind, the same theme is evolving, which is "not yet." My hunch is that availability dates that were given were based on information available at that point in time, and information is constantly evolving.

It is certainly on their radar, but not coming "soon." Well, OK, what the hell does "soon" mean? Next week, month, year. I don't think anyone really knows exactly when it will be available and that is likely confounded by a whole lot of moving parts and evolving priorities.

In general, the sentiments are, it is not available yet, will not be available "soon," hopes are to have it in the future, exactly when is a TBD.

Clearly it is on the radar, but unfortunately has not yet been prioritized.

Not sure what it would take to get it prioritized.

mdtennant

WKR
I got a GRS Bifrost for my x bolt. It’s been ok and the only option that even seemed remotely decent aftermarket at the moment. I got the stock before joining Rokslide, and after reviewing some DIY threads the factory stock with a tub of bondo could be a good cheap option. I would rather have a Rokstok but will wait patiently for that.

Looks like the GRS is only available in a SA. Is that correct?

I need a long action.

Agreed... I'd much rather have a RokStok. Have one coming for a Tikka and might grab a Rem 700.

WI-Carcosa

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like the GRS is only available in a SA. Is that correct?

I need a long action.

Agreed... I'd much rather have a RokStok. Have one coming for a Tikka and might grab a Rem 700.
Ahh I missed the long action piece my apologies. Yes, the Bifrost is only short action x bolt unfortunately. With a long action x bolt, the only stock options I am aware of would be the Boyd’s hardwoods stocks.