Browning x-bolt Max SPR

Darryle

WKR
Classified Approved
I haven't had a chance to hit the range yet with it. I swapped the trigger spring and adjusted it to 2lbs. The McMillan Hunters Edge stock I ordered back in May arrived yesterday, so I bedded the action and bottom metal and will tear it down when I get home Sunday. Hopefully the Warne bases will be here then and I can get it all tied up and hit the range.

Rifle in the new stock was 6.3lbs even with the 24" barrel. The McMillan came in at 23.3oz, well under the 29oz they told me when I ordered it.

I have 156gr Bergers, 140gr Partions, 140gr Accubonds or 143gr Bondstrikes, so hopefully one of them will work. It come in at or under 8lbs scoped. Should be an easy toter.

TB225

FNG
I haven't had a chance to hit the range yet with it. I swapped the trigger spring and adjusted it to 2lbs. The McMillan Hunters Edge stock I ordered back in May arrived yesterday, so I bedded the action and bottom metal and will tear it down when I get home Sunday. Hopefully the Warne bases will be here then and I can get it all tied up and hit the range.

Rifle in the new stock was 6.3lbs even with the 24" barrel. The McMillan came in at 23.3oz, well under the 29oz they told me when I ordered it.

I have 156gr Bergers, 140gr Partions, 140gr Accubonds or 143gr Bondstrikes, so hopefully one of them will work. It come in at or under 8lbs scoped. Should be an easy toter.
Sounds like it will be a fine setup. What was your impression of the stock that came with it?

Darryle

WKR
Classified Approved
Sounds like it will be a fine setup. What was your impression of the stock that came with it?

Heavy, 39ozs heavy, rigid, adjusted easily enough, no flex in the forend and typical soft Inflex recoil pad. I am not a fan of the hot glue bedding Browning uses. I usually set up the barrel wrapped in tape to keep the action in the correct place and remove the old bedding and rebed with Devcon. I have had 2 where the bedding actually came out of the stock stuck to the action.

Browning does a good job with their injection molded stocks, they are generally just heavy.

TB225

FNG
Heavy, 39ozs heavy, rigid, adjusted easily enough, no flex in the forend and typical soft Inflex recoil pad. I am not a fan of the hot glue bedding Browning uses. I usually set up the barrel wrapped in tape to keep the action in the correct place and remove the old bedding and rebed with Devcon. I have had 2 where the bedding actually came out of the stock stuck to the action.

Browning does a good job with their injection molded stocks, they are generally just heavy.
Glad to hear its solid. I can deal with it being a little heavy since i shouldnt be packing it far. Id like to hear how it performs once you get it to the range