Browning X-bolt aftermarket stocks?

Hey y’all,
I just bought a browning xbolt in 6.8 western so I am looking for aftermarket stock options. I know McMillan makes aftermarket stocks for browning rifles, but what are some others? I really wish Magpul made a browning X bolt stock option, as I have one on another rifle and really like it. Do anyone know if the magpul stock might work with some work done on it? Any insight would be great.
Thanks!

jzeblaz

Lil-Rokslider
Hey y’all,
I just bought a browning xbolt in 6.8 western so I am looking for aftermarket stock options. I know McMillan makes aftermarket stocks for browning rifles, but what are some others? I really wish Magpul made a browning X bolt stock option, as I have one on another rifle and really like it. Do anyone know if the magpul stock might work with some work done on it? Any insight would be great.
Thanks!
Did you find a stock for your 6.8?

Loper

WKR
Since this thread just got bumped, I’ll share the most recent research I did on X-Bolt aftermarket stocks. The thread below is specific to left hand stocks, but I believe the info is the same for RH stocks as very few companies make stocks for the X-Bolt, handedness aside.

They mentioned possibly inletting the Rokstock for Brownings on the Shoot2Hunt podcast.

That’d be a big win, and I’m betting there’s a good market for it. I know I’d be buying one.

jzeblaz

Lil-Rokslider
Since this thread just got bumped, I’ll share the most recent research I did on X-Bolt aftermarket stocks. The thread below is specific to left hand stocks, but I believe the info is the same for RH stocks as very few companies make stocks for the X-Bolt, handedness aside.

Thanks man!

OP
AirborneA$$hole
Did you find a stock for your 6.8?
Nope. I ended up trading it in for a Seekins Precision Havak PH2 in 7mm PRC. I liked the 6.8 but after thinking on it for a while I came to the conclusion that for a little extra recoil, I could shoot heavier bullets with better BC's. Plus, I think the 7 PRC is going to get picked up by more ammo manufacturers for those of us who don't hand load.

jzeblaz

Lil-Rokslider
Nope. I ended up trading it in for a Seekins Precision Havak PH2 in 7mm PRC. I liked the 6.8 but after thinking on it for a while I came to the conclusion that for a little extra recoil, I could shoot heavier bullets with better BC's. Plus, I think the 7 PRC is going to get picked up by more ammo manufacturers for those of us who don't hand load.
Oh nice! 7PRC does show a lot of promise and I'm sure it will catch on. Have you had the 7 PRC out on a hunt yet? What bullets are you using in the field?

OP
AirborneA$$hole
Oh nice! 7PRC does show a lot of promise and I'm sure it will catch on. Have you had the 7 PRC out on a hunt yet? What bullets are you using in the field?
I have not, but Nebraska's rifle season starts in a couple weeks so I will check back in with the results. As far as ammo goes, lot of people have been having inconsistencies in velocity with the Hornady 175 grain ELD-X, And I've always wanted to try hammer bullets but I don't hand load, so I found a company called Hendershots that has their own line of ammunition in which they load many different bullets. The load I'm going to use is the 169 grain hammer hunter at +/- 3050 ft/s out of my 26 inch barrel. From everything I've read hammer bullets are pretty devastating, so I'm expecting good results but I will definitely check back in once I try them in the field

Just picked up a GRS Bifrost for my xbolt hells canyon. An older thread on the forum mentioned GRS briefly and it seemed like a good option to try. I’ll post pic/review once bedded and tested at the range. Nice option for adjustable cheek weld and LOP for an x bolt.