Browning x-bolt $599 at Cabelas

Has anyone used one of these yet? I’m curious how they stack up against a hells canyon accuracy wise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mostly wondering if there’s any other significant difference in construction/quality. At less than half the price, it almost seems too good to be true.

TTT

Lil-Rokslider
I keep wanting to pick one of these up especially with the $50 rebate on top but that metric threading drives me nuckin futs.
This also gives me pause.

My cursory search comes up with several manufacturers who make adapters from M13x.75 to 5/8x24. I just don’t know which one is good, and for that matter, whether there are downsides to using these adapters.

This also gives me pause.

My cursory search comes up with several manufacturers who make adapters from M13x.75 to 5/8x24. I just don’t know which one is good, and for that matter, whether there are downsides to using these adapters.
I can always send it in to have it cut shorter and threaded but that'll cost me $100 plus shipping both ways so negates the great deal somewhat. At least I'd have a nice box for it already I guess. If it were only proper threading there wouldn't be any extra cost.

Mostly wondering if there’s any other significant difference in construction/quality. At less than half the price, it almost seems too good to be true.

The hells canyon models have a updated stock or break. Also thinner barrel. I’ve never had an issue with an a bolt or x bolt not being an amazing shooter. My ABolt stalker still gets used despite owning a Barrett and other more expensive offerings. But that 30-06 is probably my go to if I want a bigger caliber and some range.

SloppyJ

WKR
Damn that 243 is a good deal but I need another rifle like I need a hole in my head. And that M13 thread pitch on the cabelas one... cmon!

Damn that 243 is a good deal but I need another rifle like I need a hole in my head. And that M13 thread pitch on the cabelas one... cmon!
I think they all have that. My old Hell's Canyon 300 WSM was m13 also. Sold it when I started shooting suppressed. Barrel was fluted so couldn't cut and rethread.

TxLite

WKR
I think they all have that. My old Hell's Canyon 300 WSM was m13 also. Sold it when I started shooting suppressed. Barrel was fluted so couldn't cut and rethread.
Might be model specific or maybe newer models are updated. My 22-250 xbolt speed SR is threaded in 1/2.

Might be model specific or maybe newer models are updated. My 22-250 xbolt speed SR is threaded in 1/2.
Could be. I did a quick search and all the xbolt 2 and newer stuff I found was 5/8 or 1/2 depending on caliber, probably why these are getting cleared out cheap.

SloppyJ

WKR
I agree. I borrowed a muzzle device from my neighbor and it was off of his xbolt. Threaded 1/2"

The 243 doesn't seem to be threaded. Add another $120 for the thread job or so and you're right around tikka prices but you have a threaded barrel.

I agree. I borrowed a muzzle device from my neighbor and it was off of his xbolt. Threaded 1/2"

The 243 doesn't seem to be threaded. Add another $120 for the thread job or so and you're right around tikka prices but you have a threaded barrel.
10 twist on the x-bolt .243 although Browning has been very good at offering faster twists on some classic calibers. Meanwhile, Tikka which along with Sako has traditionally been stuck with traditional twists, offers the .243 with an 8 twist. Go figure.

hunt1up

WKR
I have one of the Hunter models on sale at Cabelas in 6.5cm. Shoots great with factory ELDX. Sub MOA with the one I have. I'm convincing myself NOT to buy another in a different caliber since I know I don't need it!