Broadheads Shooting Left

OP
jcarb

jcarb

FNG
Appreciate the insight. I’m gonna check tuning. My now shop has some new people in it so I’ll verify how they did.

ncavi8tor

WKR
I will add one more thing: when the shop or whomever is making the tuning adjustments, YOU need to be the one shooting the bow!! It needs to be tuned to your form and grip.

Good luck!

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

SDHNTR

WKR
Normal. New strings settle I. And the bow needs to be re tuned after a couple hundred shots into a new string. Take it back. Lost shops will tell you to come back after 200 ish shots.

Your arrows are fine. With a mechanical release it’s hard to be overspined on a modern compound.

Set the bow back to spec and yoke tune for a clean paper test.

OP
jcarb

jcarb

FNG
Normal. New strings settle I. And the bow needs to be re tuned after a couple hundred shots into a new string. Take it back. Lost shops will tell you to come back after 200 ish shots.

Your arrows are fine. With a mechanical release it’s hard to be overspined on a modern compound.

Set the bow back to spec and yoke tune for a clean paper test.
Thanks for the input

Zac

WKR
That's what I thought. Someone else advised to add twist to the left and I was pretty sure that wasn't correct.
Yeah that was me, I stated it wrong. You want to pull the cam in the direction of the tear. So left broadhead equals right tear, so lean cam to the right to realign power stroke. My bad.

mod-it

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah that was me, I stated it wrong. You want to pull the cam in the direction of the tear. So left broadhead equals right tear, so lean cam to the right to realign power stroke. My bad.
Been there, done that. Heck, I still move my sight the wrong way left/right once in a while if i'm distracted.

Reactions: Zac
Move rest first. From the first post or the thread title it sounds like your arrows with field points fly true so no need to paper tune again or even twist yokes. If the arrows with broadheads are flying true but to the left of field points then adjust your rest first before any yoke tuning. It wasn’t clear to me if they are just hitting to left or actually hitting as a nock left issue?

SDHNTR

WKR
Move rest first. From the first post or the thread title it sounds like your arrows with field points fly true so no need to paper tune again or even twist yokes. If the arrows with broadheads are flying true but to the left of field points then adjust your rest first before any yoke tuning. It wasn’t clear to me if they are just hitting to left or actually hitting as a nock left issue?
I disagree. I want the cleanest flight possible at factory specs, including centershot, with true cam rotation. Then, if necessary (and it’s usually not if yokes are turning the cams true, arrow spine is good and form is good) micro adjust rest last to bring FP and bh groups together.

You can’t say field tips or broadheads are flying true if they aren’t grouping together. Those statements are mutually exclusive.