Broadhead

Best fixed blade broadheads? I have shot G5 Montec's but have been looking into Day 6 Evo. Anyone have luck with these?

Slick tricks still working for me. So many pass throughs on deer and elk over the years. Wicked tricks. My boys are using qad exodus on their xbow with great success as well on deer.

I really like Wasp Jak Hammer 125 with the 1 3/4" cut. Been shooting them since 1999 or 2000, and plan to continue for as long as they make them. They are reasonably priced, work well, and I reuse most of them. Having said that, Slick Tricks seem to be pretty popular on this thread!

I really like Wasp Jak Hammer 125 with the 1 3/4" cut. Been shooting them since 1999 or 2000, and plan to continue for as long as they make them. They are reasonably priced, work well, and I reuse most of them. Having said that, Slick Tricks seem to be pretty popular on this thread!
Not so if you follow this thread.

I’m curious about the fixed head guys. I’ve shot both through the years and I’ve never cut a bigger hole than with a mechanical. What makes you guys choose fixed? Besides hitting the scapula.

I've never had a reason to switch I guess. I bought a 6 pack of zwickeys in the 80s, I still have 4 of those. I bought a dozen razorheads in the 90s, still have 7. Then a couple years ago I walked into an archery shop, there was a small white box with $10 written in it. It had 2 dozen new magnus ii with adapters in it plus misc stuff. I also piced up a few dozen new Eskimos from a friend who switched to mechanicals.

I guess I'm also in the "I'm frugal" and "if it works" crowd.

I've never had a reason to switch I guess. I bought a 6 pack of zwickeys in the 80s, I still have 4 of those. I bought a dozen razorheads in the 90s, still have 7. Then a couple years ago I walked into an archery shop, there was a small white box with $10 written in it. It had 2 dozen new magnus ii with adapters in it plus misc stuff. I also piced up a few dozen new Eskimos from a friend who switched to mechanicals.

I guess I'm also in the "I'm frugal" and "if it works" crowd.
Thank you. I think we all gravitate towards what works for us individually. I’m not trying to be devicice at all. I’m just honestly curious. From my perspective, a smaller cut area doesn’t make sense. But I’m open to learning.

Been shooting 100-grain Muzzy Trocars for the past few years, see no reason to change. Fly great and leave good blood trails when I do my job right.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Back