Broadhead Choices

Jarhead

FNG
Take a bit to find him? He looks a little stiff legged and starting to bloat?
Straight-on shot in relatively heavy cover. Let him sit an hour in 95 degree temps before we started tracking just in case. Wasn't necessary as he only made it 100 yards. Not sure how he made it that far with an arrow hanging 20" out of his hindquarter.......

Pretty impressed the arrow went through all that without even a dent in the blades.

Duh

WKR
Straight-on shot in relatively heavy cover. Let him sit an hour in 95 degree temps before we started tracking just in case. Wasn't necessary as he only made it 100 yards. Not sure how he made it that far with an arrow hanging 20" out of his hindquarter.......

Pretty impressed the arrow went through all that without even a dent in the blades.
Gotcha. That heat’s rough!

Did you get a pretty good blood trail?

Beendare

WKR
How can there be a discussion of 3 blade heads without the head that has probably taken more game than any other head and is still a top notch design- the Thunderhead. Cheap too.

Blew through my bull this year like a hot knife through butter, bull down in sight-25y….in fact while I was reaching for a call to slow him down, he fell over.

N2TRKYS

WKR
How can there be a discussion of 3 blade heads without the head that has probably taken more game than any other head and is still a top notch design- the Thunderhead. Cheap too.

Blew through my bull this year like a hot knife through butter, bull down in sight-25y….in fact while I was reaching for a call to slow him down, he fell over.
I started shooting Thunderhead 100s when I started bowhunting back in ‘92. I tried Grim Reaper(GR) Micro Hades 100s a couple of years ago. The GR heads weren’t as durable as the Thunderheads and the blood trail was way worse than the Thunderheads. Now I know why I’ve never shot anything else before. I switched back to Thunderheads and will never try another broadhead again.

The Gladius from terra Firma is definitely worth a look.

smshuntr

FNG
QAD has been my go to for the past few years with Easton 4mm deep six shafts. Changing up this year and going to try the Muzzy Trocar Hybrid head. Whitetail setups to clarify.

Pdawg88

Lil-Rokslider
There use to be a head called a crimson talon. That was to this day the most brutal head I’ve ever seen on whitetails. I’ve seen a couple holes that were unbelievable. Not sure if they are still around or not.

MD3 for me. It has been very forgiving and consistently more accurate than the QAD. Holds an edge extremely well, simple to sharpen and a very durable one solid piece design. Leaves a nice triangular hole instead of three slits.