Bring it or use outfitters

j3butch

Lil-Rokslider
Hunting with Nahanni B first 9 days August. My plan all along was to bring my mountain star tent. I knew they provided tents (separate from the guides) hilliburgs, Kuiu & mountain hardware, but figured I'd be safer off with bringing what I know.
Now I'm reconsidering after seeing their post on insta today.
This is a heli trip with very little likelihood we will be moving camp on our backs for any significant distance.

So the question I'm arguing with now is..bring my personal tent or use the outfitters.
I'm not short on packing space, I can fit everything but I certainly wouldn't mind the saved space in my checked luggage.

Attachments

• IMG_0578.png
    IMG_0578.png
    1 MB · Views: 63

huntnful

WKR
If they’re trustworthy, and know the environments you’ll be hunting in better than you, I’d be happy to use their tents.

CHL

Lil-Rokslider
Good luck man. Got a good buddy that’ll be there end of July as well. He’s not taking a tent I know and they’re a great outfit, so no doubt you’ll be good.

When I did my hunt in AK in 2020 I knew I wanted my own tent. I get better sleep when only dealing with my own way of sleeping. The outfitter said they had good tents and i was happy with the tent they provide see and it saved me a lot of money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

medvedyt

WKR
if you can and doable ask the outfitter if they can provide you a tent just for you.

depending of course of the terrain and how you re hauling your gear ...

OP
j3butch

j3butch

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the responses as always. Regardless if I bring my own tent or use one of the outfitters, I Will Have my Own tent. Was hoping to hear from someone that’s hunted with the Lancasters and used one of their provided shelters.

Brent9477

FNG
When I hunted with those guys last year they provided me with Helinberger tent. They also have Kuiu tents as well . These guys don’t skimp on anything. I’m taking my Teepee for my sheep hunt with them this year just because I like the extra room . Take whatever snacks you like they have plenty of food as well . I’m taking my own jetboil this year so I don’t have to bug my guide to boil water for me .

OP
j3butch

j3butch

Lil-Rokslider
When I hunted with those guys last year they provided me with Helinberger tent. They also have Kuiu tents as well . These guys don’t skimp on anything. I’m taking my Teepee for my sheep hunt with them this year just because I like the extra room . Take whatever snacks you like they have plenty of food as well . I’m taking my own jetboil this year so I don’t have to bug my guide to boil water for me .
just sent you a DM

mulecreek

FNG
Spent 14 days, August into September, in NWT in my Mountain Star, with no problems at all. Appears you cant go wrong either way. I would say use theirs and find the next thing to fret over before you hit the trail. Best of luck to you.