Breathable snake gaiters

Dustin B.

FNG
I am looking for a pair of breathable snake gaiters. So far I am eyeballing the Turtleskin and Listo snake gaiters. I have already heard a lot of good about the Turtleskin gaiters, but I couldn't find much info on the Listo gaiters. If anyone has used these please tell me how they performed for you.

Dented

WKR
I've got a set of the Turtleskins. They travel everywhere I go, Florida to Idaho. That being said, I've never actually been hit in them. They're stiff, and I usually lace them into a pair of boots and just leave them permanently attached.

I'm in Florida swamp with some enormous cotton mouth, and walking snakey areas from Idaho to Arizona.

But...........

I've never actually been bit wearing them. I'd really like to hear from someone that's had them and put them to the test.

No such thing. I have the turtleskins. Still a better option than the boots, easy to take on and off. I’ll wear them when needed and then take them off and throw in pack when not. If you keep them on you’re going to sweat a ton and boots will get wet.

OP
D

Dustin B.

FNG
I've got a set of the Turtleskins. They travel everywhere I go, Florida to Idaho. That being said, I've never actually been hit in them. They're stiff, and I usually lace them into a pair of boots and just leave them permanently attached.

I'm in Florida swamp with some enormous cotton mouth, and walking snakey areas from Idaho to Arizona.

But...........

I've never actually been bit wearing them. I'd really like to hear from someone that's had them and put them to the test.
I agree. I know they claim to be tested against rattlesnake bites, but I would like to hear that from someone who isn't trying to sell me a product.

OP
D

Dustin B.

FNG
No such thing. I have the turtleskins. Still a better option than the boots, easy to take on and off. I’ll wear them when needed and then take them off and throw in pack when not. If you keep them on you’re going to sweat a ton and boots will get wet.
I currently have a pair of Dan's snake gaiters which run really hot. I figured the Turtleskin or Listo gaiters would be a good upgrade.

I currently have a pair of Dan's snake gaiters which run really hot. I figured the Turtleskin or Listo gaiters would be a good upgrade.
For sure, love mine, I’m not trying to dissuade you. I’m just saying breathable and Snake proof don’t go together. They are light weight for what they are though and the best option I’ve found.

OP
D

Dustin B.

FNG
For sure, love mine, I’m not trying to dissuade you. I’m just saying breathable and Snake proof don’t go together. They are light weight for what they are though and the best option I’ve found.
I really like the looks of them. I will probably go with them unless I hear good things about the Listo gaiters.