Breaking the Slump Film is here

twall13

WKR
I've seen that video of the little girl before, it never gets old. It was awesome you got permission to add that to your film.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Ok Roksliders

I got the list together. It’s always a little funky as some people comment in the live feed and others comment in the normal comments during the live feed. I errored on generosity and counted both as long as the ones in the normal comments came in during the premiere (have to estimate a little bit as Youtube rounds to the nearest hour in normal comments). But wanna give everyone on here a chance as you all make this possible.

Some stats, about 160 or so comments during the premiere of which I qualified 85 Roksliders. 7 prizes available so about a 1 in 12 chance winning (better than a mule deer tag draw these days)

And the results of the small poll we ran yesterday in this thread was 6 out of 9 members said draw without regard to winners choice, so that’s what I’ll do. I’m prepping the list right now and will draw in order the prizes are listed in lead post

Iron Will Broadheads- @Mike daSilva

Kifaru Bino Harness- @Jethro

Procision Cerakote- @Outwest

Backpack Logistics- @West1234

Sitka Ambient Hoody/Mountain Pant- @Brontosaurus

Seek Outside Sunlight Tent- @JS444

Montana Knife Company Blackfoot 2.0 Knife.- @jelloyeti

Winners! email me at [email protected] within 10 days (May 28th) or we could redraw for your prize.

If you want to trade with someone else, that has to be handled before you email me.

Thanks again!

Last edited:

West1234

FNG
Ok Roksliders

I got the list together. It’s always a little funky as some people comment in the live feed and others comment in the normal comments during the live feed. I errored on generosity and counted both as long as the ones in the normal comments came in during the premiere (have to estimate a little bit as Youtube rounds to the nearest hour in normal comments). But wanna give everyone on here a chance as you all make this possible.

Some stats, about 160 or so comments during the premiere of which I qualified 85 Roksliders. 7 prizes available so better than a 1 in 10 chance winning (better than a mule deer tag draw these days)

And the results of the small poll we ran yesterday in this thread was 6 out of 9 members said draw without regard to winners choice, so that’s what I’ll do. I’m prepping the list right now and will draw in order the prizes are listed in lead post

Winners! email me at [email protected] within 10 days (May 28th) or we could redraw for your prize.

If you want to trade with someone else, that has to be handled before you email me.

Thanks again!
Can this luck follow me to the draws??? Lol

Plainsman79

Lil-Rokslider
Great film Robby! That’s archery buck though😍😍😍. I guess it goes to show that not even the legend and Travis can kill all the big ones!

Where’d the film go? I was at seminary graduation, now all I can find is the trailer…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Only took me three years to put this film together, then another few months for @Jordan Budd to fix all the crappy filming…but it’s finally here.

Breaking the Slump picks up where the last chapter of my book “Hunting Big Mule Deer: The Stories” left off.

It’s full of the ups and downs of hunting big mule deer, including all the mistakes I made along the way. My friend @ntrlbrnhunter is also a big part of the film.

The YouTube premiere will be Wednesday, May 17th at 6:30 PM MTN Time on our Rokslide YouTube channel.

Similar to the recent film release we did with @Tony Trietch , Rokslide Members who subscribe to the Rokslide YouTube channel, attend the premiere AND comment (that’s how we know you’re there) will be entered into a random drawing for some great gear. I’m working on the details of those prizes right now and will update this post with the prizes as I secure them.

Different than Tony’s premiere, we won’t require an Instagram follow for the prize entry (Instagram haters unite! Lol)

So to recap:

1) Subscribe the Rokslide Youtube channel here
2) Attend the premiere at 6:30 PM MTN on Wednesday 5/17
3) Comment and include your Rokslide screen name

Here is the Trailer for Breaking the Slump to hold you for a few weeks.

And here is the Premiere. Look for the "notify me" button and click that to be notified when the film goes live.

Thanks!

PRIZES:

View attachment 549550
@Bill V from Iron Will is always a great supporter of these projects. He‘s putting up a 3-Pack of any Iron Will Broadhead (see here for all your choices) for one Rokslider who attends the premiere)

View attachment 549996
KIFARU is in with their new Bino Harness (Rokslide review pending) But one Roklider’s gonna take this one home!

View attachment 550356

Procision Arms
is putting up a $200 Gift Certificate towards anything at Procision Arms here. They have it all from turn-key guns to custom ammo, to cerakote, and more. Check that link out

View attachment 550360
Backpack Logistics
is in for “3 Days Backpack Food customized for each day”. They handle the calories, weight, macros so you can just hunt. See all they offer here

Sitka is in with $500 worth of clothing (You'll see the bowhunting scenes are 90% Sitka--I love the stuff!)
For one winner, they're putting up
The Ambient Hoody in Optifade-Subalpine here
View attachment 553002
And! Their Mountain Pant also in Optifade-Subalpine here
View attachment 553003
Seek Outside is releasing a new tent—The Sunlight—and are generous enough to put one up for one Rokslider who attends the Premiere and comments (don’t forget to tell us your RS screen name). Details are still light but I’ll post more as I know more. Watch their website here. (To note, the tent may not ship until later in 2023)

*Update: The Sunlight is an Ultralight, 3 season, 2 man shelter with a sewn in floor and patented zipperless entry

View attachment 553172

New Rokslide sponsor Montana Knife Company
put in one of their killer Blackfoot 2.0 Knive in Green/Black here
View attachment 554441

5/19/23 Update. Winners have been drawn!

OK, per the winner’s list above, I gave an extra 3 weeks (and sent tags) for the winners to reply. @jelloyeti I’m sorry man but @Fatcamp was my first alternate and is taking that killer @MontanaKnifeCompany Blackfoot 2.0 Knife.

Fatcamp, hit me in a PM by July 1 with your shipping address and I’ll send you this knife! Ghost me and I’ll pull someone else lol

Fatcamp

WKR
OK, per the winner’s list above, I gave an extra 3 weeks (and sent tags) for the winners to reply. @jelloyeti I’m sorry man but @Fatcamp was my first alternate and is taking that killer @MontanaKnifeCompany Blackfoot 2.0 Knife.

Fatcamp, hit me in a PM by July 1 with your shipping address and I’ll send you this knife! Ghost me and I’ll pull someone else lol

Ha! That is so cool!

I will IM you right now.