Break pellet guns

Buzby

WKR
I also bought a Weihrauch hw95. Made in Germany, very few is any plastic parts, all metal and wood. The trigger is great, and adjustable. The trigger is what’s usually poor on spring driven Airguns. I ditched the mid mount sight, and put a rear peep sight on it. Super long sight radius, and I don’t have to worry about it tearing up a scope. Love that gun. Springers can be picky about how you hold them, they have an odd recoil.

Marble

WKR
I've tried several of the break action type pellet guns and finally went back to Sheridan/Benjamin pump pellet gun. I couldn't get the accuracy I wanted from the others. I'm sure they exist but work well, just haven't used one that checks all the boxes.

I live on a golf course and the squirls are right on the other side of the fence. I have the .20 caliber version and it is super effective. It stays loaded near the back door and through out the day when I see one pop up near the fence I just grab the gun and handle it.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

OP
Jd259

Jd259

WKR

Phaseolus

WKR
I saw those and was wondering if they were any good I know I can’t shoot them all so I’ll have to trap as well and I’ve been using a live trap but they have pretty much figured that out and the babies can get out of it some how. I’ll have to pick one of these up and give it a go.
I managed a research farm and seed production facility for many years. Richardson’s ground squirrels cost us thousands in chewed wiring harnesses and ruined seed. Tube traps turned out to be the best defense. A handfull of corn at either end of the tube increased or success rate.

LostArra

WKR
Weihrauch hw95 for me.
Faster isn't always more accurate with pellets (the Walmart ads don't mention that)
Learn "artillery hold"
Get a wide variety of pellets to start. Each air rifle is unique in which pellet is most accurate.
Get a scope that can handle a break barrel recoil.

AirGuns of Arizona is a good source

Weihrauch hw95 for me.
Faster isn't always more accurate with pellets (the Walmart ads don't mention that)
Learn "artillery hold"
Get a wide variety of pellets to start. Each air rifle is unique in which pellet is most accurate.
Get a scope that can handle a break barrel recoil.

AirGuns of Arizona is a good source

Same for me. Impressive German quality. Great for working positional shooting when u can’t get to the range.

dtrkyman

WKR
5 gallon bucket half full of water with some Sun flower seeds floating in there.

Absolutely lethal for chipmunks, should work for ground squirrels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two Roads

Lil-Rokslider
I have a .22 RWS 52 side lever. It will hammer of Thor those ground squirrels to 75 yards further if you get range drop down. Extremely accurate once you settle on best pellet and great time. I kept it simple, ran their 4x scope along w Harris bipod. I am going to reinstall the open sights to put more fun back in. Good luck.