Break in on my Salomons

Got my Salomons in and they feel pretty good
Laces are terrible. Do they ever soften up?
These things just wont stay tied. Thinking about using in my possibles pouch and getting strings that actually tie and stay tied.
If they break in and work then I wont, but so far they are a pain

idcuda

WKR
Today was my fourth day in the field with them and they're just starting to soften up. I would think getting them wet, then tying them really tight would help quicken the proces, too.

Never heard of break in impacting laces at all. My Salomons have never really needed a break in period though either.

OP
mfllood3800
Wind G I was actually being sarcastic,..... It was my way of complaining without complaining. I had the laces that don't stay tied. I've had them on my Walmart boots before.

Truth be told the shoes are pretty comfy so the laces aren't a big deal, just wanted to complain about something to stay in practice at it.

I like the idea of getting them wet.

OP
mfllood3800
They are 4D's and I know they are only Water Resistance which is fine. I hunt bow season, we do get rain for sure, but I'm a day pack hunter so I can dry them out each night. I needed the stealth, comfort and durability.
How long did yours last until they started get really wet? Or is it simply in heavy continuous rain?
When it rains here in Utah I run under the pines and wait it out and pull out my rain gear, eat a snack, and jump from lightening strikes...

wapitibob

WKR
They leaked the first time they saw wet grass. Awful comfy though. They were too soft for Antelope hunting in the rocky broken terrain but great for Elk hunting in the forest.

DWD

Lil-Rokslider
When you are tying the boots, and you make your overhand loop over the bow, make 2 loops then pull tight. Solved my problem with the laces and they don't come un-tied.