BRCC In Hot Water

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something seems off here. Even if it was filed in Sept of 2022 (I don't see any evidence of that, apart from the top of the laWow.org website), lots of time has passed since the events alleged in the complaint - which also says all harassment claims are being pursued via the EEOC, and I'm pretty sure that process doesn't take 5+ years. And it seems that this "news" has just been made public in the last few days - all at once.

Not sure if or to the extent this is true, but I found this article - https://coffeeordie.com/uvalde-school-shooting-solutions. The article says (among other things of interest) that the lawsuit was settled in 2019. The quotes thereafter seem a bit contrary to the complaint. Yes, the article discloses that the periodical/website is owned by BRCC.
Looks like it was made public last September. This video is from October.
Kind of odd that some online publications have now dredged it back up. Something’s going on, but what?

Dude was only getting paid $66k to be an executive at BRCC... WOWIE
One of the things I took away from their podcast, back when I listened before the Rittenhouse debacle, was that they expected new hires to basically buy into the company with a sweat equity kind of mentality. "We the current executives invested our money and time into the company and now you have to also" kind of thing. Not sure if that is the case here, but they mentioned the concept quite often. Hazing is pretty common and the story reads really bad for BRCC, hard to say where the truth is, but I personally don't trust Evan Hafer and BRCC as far as I could throw them.

Trial153

WKR
Two things strike me …after saying What da fk did I just read? One How does man not just punch the shit out of the guy that supposedly acted like that?

They pay 250 a day for a project manager in Utah? Man that’s crappy money.

Looks like it was made public last September. This video is from October.
Kind of odd that some online publications have now dredged it back up. Something’s going on, but what?

You guess is as good as mine..The company name alone probably triggers at least 45% of woke snowflakes to run to their safe space, so there is that.

ThorM465

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
BRCC is marketed towards patriotic Americans who own firearms for self defense. Then someone uses a firearm in self defense (not just my opinion, but the opinion of the courts involved), wears their t-shirt, and they disown him and anyone like him because it's bad for the brand/PR.

I guess "Black Rifle Coffee" sounds better than "Controlled Opposition Coffee".

From what I understand the investors funding BRCC told leadership to disavow Rittenhouse or they would pull all funding.

Now I'm not saying they made the right decision, just that there was more to that story. Frankly, as soon as another company comes along that makes good coffee and actually supports the culture they proclaim to represent I'm jumping ship due to the Rittenhouse and other issues.

Now I'm not saying they made the right decision, just that there was more to that story. Frankly, as soon as another company comes along that makes good coffee and actually supports the culture they proclaim to represent I'm jumping ship due to the Rittenhouse and other issues.

I’ve been a long time subscriber to their coffee and products how have I missed all the details about them ? Is there anywhere someone can link to what happened with them and the Rittenhouse case.

CorbLand

WKR
+1 I’ve had one hell of a lot of LDS friends and a whole passel of family who converted…that’s a new one on me…
Grew up in heavily dominated LDS areas and am no longer active and I have never heard that one either.

Reactions: ODB

ThorM465

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
I’ve been a long time subscriber to their coffee and products how have I missed all the details about them ? Is there anywhere someone can link to what happened with them and the Rittenhouse case.
Long story short...
After the mypillow guy bailed out Rittenhouse, Rittenhouse was photographed out with friends celebrating while wearing a BRCC shirt. At the time no one knew who bailed out Rittenhouse or was funding his legal defense. Our side immediately assumed the t shirt meant that BRCC was directly supporting Rittenhouse.
After the media came after BRCC, they made a public statement disavowing any relationship with Rittenhouse. From what I've heard it was their deep pocket investors that forced them to make the public declaration. A lot of people on our side took this as an utter betrayal and I tend to agree.

Someone correct me if I got something wrong.

fwafwow

WKR
Like many things these days, I'm not sure you can find an objective source of info on this topic.

Some have already provided parts of the story - which match my recollection. I think that they came out and said that the company did not sponsor or have a relationship with him. If that's the truth, I personally don't see it as a betrayal.

Many of us gripe when companies insert themselves into political issues and I for one often think the companies should just keep their mouths shut. Here I think one could say they were thrown into the fray. They could have kept quiet, but they didn't argue he should go to jail or that he was a hero - they limited it to what sounds like the basic facts to refute a rumor.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm tired of cleaning this thread up.

If your thinking about posting something "edgy," in the "gray" area, or just feeling froggy for whatever reason.... Know there will be consequences.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.