Borah Bivy

Craig4791

WKR
Just ordered one in M90 with standard left zipper. I have an Oware UL bivy but I don't like the zipper location on it. Looking forward to trying this one out.

Well... least I did something a bit productive today in the rain! Here's a short video for those that are interested. It was laid out on the porch like you see for 3.5+ hours today in a steady rain like you hear in the video. I'm not much of a cameraman that's for sure! :) Very pleased and I think if you could throw a rain jacket over the netting you could stay dry all night in a rain shower if you weren't moving and working the material too much on top. I suspect with motion and working of the material you would facilitate water coming through the top membrane but that's just a suspicion. I don't know how the science of that works just what has caused gear to soak through in the past. This way I'll feel protected if I get a bit of rain blown into my LBO and won't be freaking out about my bag getting wet.

[video=vimeo;63363988]https://vimeo.com/63363988[/video]

Mike

Well... least I did something a bit productive today in the rain! Here's a short video for those that are interested. It was laid out on the porch like you see for 3.5+ hours today in a steady rain like you hear in the video. I'm not much of a cameraman that's for sure! :) Very pleased and I think if you could throw a rain jacket over the netting you could stay dry all night in a rain shower if you weren't moving and working the material too much on top. I suspect with motion and working of the material you would facilitate water coming through the top membrane but that's just a suspicion. I don't know how the science of that works just what has caused gear to soak through in the past. This way I'll feel protected if I get a bit of rain blown into my LBO and won't be freaking out about my bag getting wet.

Mike
Hay Mike what material did they use for the top on yours?Was it the stuff that he says is the most breathable?
Tim

shootnrun

Lil-Rokslider
Received my bivy today! Went with a reg/wide, eztended side zipe w/ net window in M90 after emailing John. I am 6'4 205 and I fit very well. He said being a side sleeper, I may find the wide to be a bit more comfortable, especially since I will be on a Q core SL. I did not go with a long as he told me his regulars already run long and the longs are designed to be able to slide down inside of in wind, etc. He was right on as the regular has room to spare for me. Being my first bivy, it seems to be very well made. Feels unbelievably light! Now I await my quilt, which should arrive any time!

Manosteel

WKR
Great video now I know what to buy if I go with a tarp this year. Going to test the home made tarp I designed and my wife made on a spring bear trip to test it out. The more I think about as I write might as well buy this bevy to test, I mean that's the only way todos fair assessment right? Lol

This place keeps costing me money :)

Great video now I know what to buy if I go with a tarp this year. Going to test the home made tarp I designed and my wife made on a spring bear trip to test it out. The more I think about as I write might as well buy this bevy to test, I mean that's the only way todos fair assessment right? Lol

This place keeps costing me money :)

Nah it just saved you money in the long run ;)

Floorguy

WKR
Just ordered my side zip bivy and sent him an email to make sure it has a net window instead of the full net hood. If it works out right it will be showing up around the same time as my quilt. Is the two week ship time pretty accurate on his website?

Bonus for Alaskans no extra charge for shipping.

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just ordered my side zip bivy and sent him an email to make sure it has a net window instead of the full net hood. If it works out right it will be showing up around the same time as my quilt. Is the two week ship time pretty accurate on his website?

Bonus for Alaskans no extra charge for shipping.

Pretty close. Mine shipped in 10 or 11 days. I am supposed to get it tomorrow. John was a pleasure to work with.

this is the weather to test out that cuben dealy!

I think you have ulterior motives! You thinking about buying one? Tough to really test it since I'd rather sleep in it, and I don't have my bivy yet. But if you guys can think of a test, let me know and I'll do it. We've got wind and rain on the plateau.l8

I think you have ulterior motives! You thinking about buying one? Tough to really test it since I'd rather sleep in it, and I don't have my bivy yet. But if you guys can think of a test, let me know and I'll do it. We've got wind and rain on the plateau.l8

id like to buy one for the weight but it seems i suck at picking campsites without wind switcherooos, so until i get that squared away im sticking with an enclosed shelter.
just burrito in a blue tarp and sleep in her!

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mine showed up yesterday. I'm pretty impressed. My paratarp will be here Saturday. Hopefully I can get out for night or two soon and do some testing!

Mine showed up yesterday. I'm pretty impressed. My paratarp will be here Saturday. Hopefully I can get out for night or two soon and do some testing!

did you do peak last night wearing a construction reflective T shirt?

Tried to show my buddy this video today, and it's gone. Where did it go!?

Mike

Top147

Lil-Rokslider
X2 I would like to see the video as well. I will do a YouTube search tho.