Boots under 200

BabyT

FNG
Best boots for rainy Western WA? The quality on boots in this price range seemed to take a serious hit in the last few years.

logan123

Lil-Rokslider
Steepandcheap.com and mountainsteals.com regularly have excellent quality stuff for half off. I’d go that route over getting a $200 MSRP boot.

I think what you’re looking at is inflation. The $200 boots of a few years ago are no longer $200 boots.

ROKnROAL

FNG
Think the Salomon Quest might be the only semi-quality boot around your price range

3Esski

Lil-Rokslider
couple pairs on the gohunt website right now at a pretty good discount and under 200.

ElPollo

WKR
My Salomon quest leaked like a sieve. If you’re in wet nothing beats rubber. Edie Bauer hunt pac has taped seams and are $100.
I’ve owned three pairs of quests and none of them stayed waterproof for more than a week. Something in how they put that boot together invalidates the reason for gore-tex.

Best boots for rainy Western WA? The quality on boots in this price range seemed to take a serious hit in the last few years.
Watch Sierra and buy the asolo hunter gv when they go on sale for 149$… or if you need them asap, buy them at regular price for 229$

I have not seen anything in their price range that compares for quality and long term durability, and maybe more importantly, staying dry.

dtrkyman

WKR
Asolo have been solid for me, I get them at Sierra as well, may have to try that Hunter GV.

OlPappyB

FNG
I've hunted in rain for days at a time ever since I was a kid. I've had Rockies, Danners, Crispis, Kennetrek, etc... and the only boots that truly hold up 100% in heavy rain are muck boots or rubber boots like Lacrosse, Muck, Irish setter. No matter how much water prevention or treatment you put on those hiking boots, it won't hold up.

Best boots for rainy Western WA?

Xtratuf's - AKA Sitka sneaker's

Back in the dark ages, I did my first mtn goat hunt in a pair. I can't recommend them on steep stuff as they don't have a lot of ankle support. But for wet conditions, they are hard to beat.

Gen273

WKR
Dryshod is far and away my favorite rubber boot. If you don't want to go the rubber boot route, used or a deal sight as has been mentioned is probably your best bet.

Under 200

drylock or xtratuf deck boots
7mm surf booties ( O’Neil brand )
Rubber boots ( dry shod and xtratuff are good brands)

If you get boots I’d get boot liners as well they look like little blue slippers xtratuf makes them.

The surf booties are great in the summer for exploring rivers/creeks as well. If you in a place where you walking upriver or crossing a stream repeatedly
they are a game changer.

All these are varying degrees of waterproof and inexpensive.

SCHUNTER73

Lil-Rokslider
I bought used when I needed some better hiking booots. eBay for less than half of new.