Boots for Wide Feet

Elmer J. Fudd

Lil-Rokslider
I had trouble finding boots that fit my wide feet for a long time. Then I got a pair of meindls wide comfort fits and it solved all my issues. First set of footwear that did not feel like it was smashing my toes together

Benjblt

WKR
I also have wide feet and have been looking for a pair of uninsulated Boots. The first pair I found that fit really well was the Lowa Tibet (wide size). Instantly when I slipped my foot in I thought these were the ones. Problem was when I’d walk, since they’re so stiff, the ankles rubbed my shin/ ankle really badly. So they went back.

The other pair, that I think most people might disagree with, are the Salewa Rapace. Just their standard sizing. For whatever reason these fit me like a glove. They’re also very stiff, but do not rub on me whatsoever. These are the boots i kept and will be wearing most of the season.

One bonus pair, which are what I’m trying to replace, is the Danner Explorer 650 (also the wide size). The price on these have gone up significantly since I bought mine. These are hands down the most comfortable boot I’ve ever worn. They basically feel like tennis shoes. But they’re not as waterproof as they claim. Your feet will get wet if you’re in snow or water. It does take some time for that to happen. But it will happen. You might be able to fix this with some waterproofing spray. But I refuse to pay more than double what I paid the first time for the same pair of boots: that’s the only reason I didn’t get these again
Oddly, I'd agree with the Salewa comment. I've got the Mt. Trainer which is the same as the Rapace just a little less stiff. I've got slightly wide feet and somehow these fit perfect.. its got the right shape I guess.

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk

CentralFLMike

Lil-Rokslider
For most hiking and hunting I've been using the wide Merrell Moab Mid's in ventilator and waterproofs. With good merino wool socks, these Merrell's get me down to around freezing while hiking around.

+1 for the Merrell Moab waterproof boots. When I still hunt, I put on some Arctic Shield boot covers; add a handwarmer and I can sit for hours.

ibchez

FNG
I basically have Flintstone feet. Lowa felt like European torture devices from the jump. After trying Lowa Tibet, Hanwag Ancash, Kenetrek MEs, Schnees beartooth, and Meindl cofort fit extreme and vakuum hunters. The Hanwags and Kenetrek fit my funky wide foot the best. The Hanwags have broken in the best after about a year but the kenetreks are right behind them,

Has anyone tried the super wide Lathrop mountain boots? I'm normally a 4e or maybe even a H width so normal wide boots don't really fit.

Sent from my SM-A536U using Tapatalk

DeBear

FNG
I basically have Flintstone feet. Lowa felt like European torture devices from the jump. After trying Lowa Tibet, Hanwag Ancash, Kenetrek MEs, Schnees beartooth, and Meindl cofort fit extreme and vakuum hunters. The Hanwags and Kenetrek fit my funky wide foot the best. The Hanwags have broken in the best after about a year but the kenetreks are right behind them,
Why didn’t you go with Hanwag “wide” edition boots like the “Alaska Wide”?