Boots for treestand hunting

I bought Schnees's Hunter 10" Pac Boots last year for a horseback moose hunt. My previous treestand boots were pretty worn out so I decided to get more use out of the Schnee's during whitetail season (Kansas). I thought they did great. Pair them with booties, heated insoles, or heated socks if weather gets really cold. Great rubber/leather lace-up combo. Not bad at all for walking.

Pankowsj

FNG
For the Midwest, near or above freezing I’m in XtraTufs after that I’ve got some Gore Tex Under Armour boots that have been good to me… if it’s really frigid, I’ll pull out the bunny boots.

Gseith

Lil-Rokslider
I’m the Midwest and I wear old shoes early season, leather boots mid season, and Hoffman’s pac boots when it starts to get cold.

Lowg08

WKR
I’ve been considering trail runners year around and boot blankets

For warm weather I think any boot will do. For cold weather I use LaCrosse 1600G or Rocky Artic Bearclaw boots. The Rocky boots are better for a longer hike to stand or having to climb a tricky tree. Not sure what Rocky did different with that boot in the build but it's been around a long time and hands down, no comparison, my favorite whitetail lace up boot.

crrakcrrak

Lil-Rokslider
I use LaCrosse Burly’s until the weather gets real cold, then switch to LaCrosse Ice Kings.

Honyock

WKR
LaCrosse Arrowhead Sport until it gets cold, then I switch over to Crispi Nevadas with Artic Shield boot insulators if needed.

Pwalk220

FNG
I run danner pronghorns most of the season and switch to a muck artic late if it gets cold. Never had issues outta either

TyT10

FNG
Depends on walking distance and temp. Early season of the walk isn’t long and it’s warmer I go with Lacrosse aeroheads. If it’s a long walk I go with Zamberlin GTX Storms (great boots). If it’s colder I go with some insulated Wolverines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reddish

Lil-Rokslider
I tried a bunch of different boots and for early season, just about anything works. Late season when it's cold I use battery powered socks...even heavily insulated boots get cold after an all day sit on the stand. I power up the socks off and on to keep my toes warms.

Military Mickey Mouse boots keep my feet warm for sure, a bit on the heavy side, I carry in and put on in the stand.

Mickey Mouse boots and Bunny boots are the best cold weather boots in the world. Black Mickey Mouse boots are rated to −20° in cold, wet climates. White Bunny boots are rated to −60° in cold, dry climates. Whether you’re hunting, ice fishing, working construction or in the oil fields, these boots will keep your feet warm.

dct73

FNG
We hunt northern Wisconsin. For years I had cold feet no matter what boots I tried. Then I bought the SKRE Guardian jacket and bibs. Problem solved. I wear a simple 400g lace up, and with the SKRE gear, I'm toasty warm to waaay below zero.

imw001

FNG
I don't have a ton of experience, but my go-to has been Schnee's Pac Boots. I have a light pair, a medium insulation pair, and the "extreme" insolation pair. They're maybe overkill in some situations for what I do, but they're very comfortable and warm.

I second the Schee's Pac Boots. I have the Hunter II 13". I find them better to walk in than rubber boots. Wish I would have got the 10" though, not a huge amount of snow where I'm at.