Boots for treestand hunting

jjwise97

FNG
Lots of factors involved. How far north you live, how far you walk to your stand, hills or flat, how wet the ground is, etc. For a lot of my hunting in Eastern NC I wear rubber boots from Lacrosse because often I’m in swampy or semi-swampy areas. When I’m on our farm in WV I tend to use my Danner Vitals as there’s more terrain to climb over and less water, though I use both boots in both places pretty regularly.

Also I prefer uninsulated boots because *usually* the states I’m hunting don’t get super cold, and if it is going to be cold I’d prefer to use a thicker sock than thicker boot.

Sturgeon

WKR
WI
I have a pair of LaCrosse alphaburley 1600g if it is cold and wet. They are not good for the hills. They are not as warm as my LaCrosse Icemans which are the best option for long sits in the cold and don’t encounter water higher than a couple inches. Above 50F I’ll wear unisulated knee high Kamiks if wet or just a uninsulated Salomon or Crispi hiking boot if dry.

Rich M

WKR
I hunt with some guys who wear flip flops. Warm down here during archery.

Do you need "warm" or "support" or just askin?

Here in the South, it doesn't get all that cold. If its below freezing, I wear a pair of Crispi Wild Rock 400 gram boots. Otherwise, I wear a pair of uninsulated Kenetrek boots with good merino wool socks.
Early season or any weather that has potential for snakes to be out, I wear a pair of Lacrosse Alpha snake boots.

Violent agreement on the LaCrosse Alphaburly 1600g. I won't be going back. I buy a half size larger so I can throw in a handwarmer if it's nipp(l)y

I don't enjoy the rubber boots with stick/stand hunting. But tried it a year or two since hunting "scent free" was so important . Been using lace up Crispi for most of my hilly areas.

Hudsy

FNG
Rubber boots in the cold northern climate = DryShod Ultras. Non insulated/non rubber = Crispi Colorados for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skissell

FNG
Crispi Summits till it's too cold. Then Muck Artic Pros, may upgrade to some Lacrosse's here in the future, but this past season I was fine with the Artic Pros

WI, Crispi Valdres early season and Crispi Nevadas with 200gram Insulation for late season. Those two will get me from Sept through the end of Jan no problem at all.

I ditched rubber knee high boots 20 years ago. There is just no need for them in treestand hunting. My feet are so much more comfortable and less fatigued using an actual supportive hunting boot. Even standing on metal steps/stands is so much better in a good boot.

jlw0142

Lil-Rokslider
I’m always worried about snakes here in the south, plus it’s often wet otw to my stand, so I wear lacrosse rubber snake boots. If it’s cold, I have some insulated Danner’s that I wear. Kinda clunky but great for keeping my feet warm and comfy in the treestand.

Dejhavu

FNG
Keen Pittsburgh soft toe when it’s warm out. Keen summit county. When it gets chilly. Then I use those and heated socks when it gets colder. Only wear rubber boots when I know I have water crossings.

ljaq516

FNG
East Texas, down here I used to do rubber boots hiking a mile to my tree. But recently switched to just using my hiking boots, Salomon’s. A lot more comfortable. Still see the same volume of deer. Just picking sets where the wind is in my favor. That’s early season and late season. Doesn’t get too cold late season, but if it does I’ll just throw on wool socks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk