Boot Recommendations

2-G

FNG
Be patient, first post. I'm looking for a boot to keep my feet dry in Colorado 2nd or 3rd season. I spent the last two years wearing some Lowas, hunting in Gunnison in foot deep snow, feet wet all day from snow coming over the top and melting. I live in south TX so there aren't many places to try on any of these fancy hunting boots. I'm not sure taller boot would solve all problems, maybe boot and gaiter combo? My wife says I have Fred Flintstone feet and walk like a duck. Any ideas on a boot and or gaiter that will work? Mainly hunt within 2-3 miles from truck, that Gunnison area is tough enough for this flatlander. Thanks!

Geewhiz

WKR
Welcome to rokslide.

If you have a quality boot that fits well and is comfortable then it sounds like the solution to your problem is a pair of gaitors. There are many quality gaitors on the market, Kuiu Yukon, OR croc, hillsound armadillo to name a few.

Keep your boots greased up to keep the leather in good condition and to keep them waterproof.

Soj51hopeful

Lil-Rokslider
Yup gaiters. As soon as the pants around the top of your boots are wet then your tops of socks get wet and wick down.

Gaiters. This is the way.

I run Stone Glacier gators. I don’t run fast though. More like a fast walk usually. 🤣

Last edited: