Boot Recommendation Please

OP
C
As a heads up, Camofire currently has the 1104 40% off retail. I'm going to give them a shot.

Hi All,

I am in the market for a new pair of boots and am hoping to take advantage of some sales in the near future (Black Friday, etc.). I'm looking for an uninsulated boot for early season archery hunts and summer scouting. Breathability is a big thing for me, so I'd like to avoid any options that are mostly leather.

Boots that I've owned/used:
1. Salomon Quest 4D - Loved the fit, but these are a little too flexible for what I'm looking for. Also, durability was a big issue for me and these started leaking after a few months.
2. Crispi Colorado (original version) - These fit a little weird. The volume top-bottom was a bit too roomy and required me to really get the laces really tight. This led to the toebox being a little too tight and developing a spot on my right pinky toe. What helped a ton was finally biting the bullet and getting orthotics made which solved the volume issue mostly (still have a hot spot on my toe since that toe is now pushed more up towards the boot). I got two seasons out of these boots and put a good amount of miles on them (they held up great!). If the fit was closer to the Salomons (I think I need a slightly bigger toe box), I'd be ordering another pair. Another concern for me is ankle support. The ABSS system seems to be more of a gimmick and I've been able to roll my ankle in these boots in steeper terrain. I'm considering a taller boot as a result.

As a result, I guess the Colorados are the 80% option for me, but I'd like something with a fit more like my Salomons. I'm open to any/all brands/options. In terms of stiffness, I'd like something along the lines of the Colorado. I know that means my foot steps are going to be louder (I did blow a stalk this year with these on and I think it was noise that did it), but I like the support.

Thanks in advance.
Schnee’s

Dgregory

FNG
For lighter duty hiking a prefer Lowa boots. Incredibly comfortable. I went through this same exercise last year and ended up with one of the cheapest options in Danner Pronghorns. They’re also significantly lighter than options from Crispi and Kennetrek.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
C
Got in the Zamberlan 1104s and they fit pretty good overall. I will likely be keeping these to at least break them in to serve as a baseline for how other boots will be judged. Worst case scenario, they will end up as back ups.

Initial impressions are that they are well made and pretty lightweight, especially for a taller boot. The lace lock is a little narrow and hard to catch, but I've gotten used to it. They fit my foot great (very comfortable through the forefoot) for the most part, but are a little wide in the heel. I've learned that I have a narrow foot overall, so that's likely just me. As a result, I feel a little bit (ever so slight) of heel slip that will likely be gone with lacing technique and replacing the insole with my orthotics.

Stiffness (what everyone seems to care about in boots now a days) they are probably a little less stiff than my Colorados. Sizing wise, I'd be sure to get the correct EUROPEAN size for your foot. I wear a EU 45, which Zamberlan maps to a 10.5 US (other manufacturers map this to a 11.5 US).