Boot fit question

Ksbowhtr

FNG
I just returned from an 8 day elk hunt in Colorado. I purchased salomn quest boots for this hunt. I hiked in the boots several times with no foot problems at all. Once in the mountains I noticed that on the steep descents, my left big toe would occasionally make contact with the front of the boot. After a few days I noticed both of my little toe's started to hurt. Now that I am home my left big toe is black, and both little toe's are turning black with each passing day. I am wondering what was the problem with my boot fit to cause these problems. I did put a sole foot bed in them, but don't know if that could cause the problem. Uphill was no problem, and I had no heel issue's. Any ideas?

OP
K

Ksbowhtr

FNG
I forgot to say, I realize the big toe issue is probably a matter of the boot being slightly too small. But the little toe part of it has me confused.

hflier

WKR
It is probably the same issue, you just aren't feeling it the same way. I had several pairs of Lowa's that always worked fine until this year when I went on loaded descents, then they killed me. I had to change all my boots out and move one half size larger - now no issues.

yhudson

FNG
I had a similar issue. I tend to walk on the outside edge (supinate) of my boots. Had to go up 1/2 size and problem was solved.