Book recommendations

Well it’s that time of year that I spend upwards of 18 hours a day sitting in a pickup waiting on stubborn bovines to calve and as I can only spend so much time on rokslide a day I was hoping for some book recommendations. Specifically looking for any hunting/outdoor type books but also like military and history types as well. Bonus if it’s available on the kindle app so I can read it on my phone.

Will_m

WKR
Undaunted courage, labyrinth of ice and anything by dick couch are some that come to mind and are pretty easy reads for leisure.

GrayGoose

Lil-Rokslider
I'm nearing the end of "The Man Called Red" which is an autobiography of the life of Red Sorensen. He grew up in BC and eventually had a guide business. Its been an interesting read, takes a bit before it gets to the hunting/guiding part of his life but has been enjoyable overall.

History:
Blood and Thunder by Hampton Sides (history of the settlement of the American southwest centered around Kit Carson)
Blood and Treasure by Bob Drury & Tom Clavin (history of the settlement of Appalachia centered around Daniel Boone)

Historical novels:
The Revenant (story of Hugh Glass) and Ridgeline (story of the Fetterman Fight) by Michael Punke

Fiction:
anything by Louis L'amour

SArnold30

FNG
The Last Stand of Fox Company has already been said by someone else, but I can't recommend it enough.

Others:
Storm of Steel
With The Old Breed
Hue 1968
We Few
Matterhorn
The Stalkers: The Battle of Beecher Island
One Million Steps

I've been trying to get back into reading, so I've started this book which came highly recommended.

So far it's been good.

Endurance: Shackleton's Incredible Voyage
Book by Alfred Lansing

"is a 1959 book written by Alfred Lansing, about the failure of the Imperial Trans-Antarctic Expedition led by Sir Ernest Shackleton, in its attempt to cross the Antarctic continent in 1914."

BLJ

WKR
"The Adventures Of Lew and Charlie". Kind of a adventure mystery stories based in outdoor adventures. You can get them at furfishgame.com. I believe they have versions available for download as well.

schmalzy

WKR
I've been trying to get back into reading, so I've started this book which came highly recommended.

So far it's been good.

Endurance: Shackleton's Incredible Voyage
Book by Alfred Lansing

"is a 1959 book written by Alfred Lansing, about the failure of the Imperial Trans-Antarctic Expedition led by Sir Ernest Shackleton, in its attempt to cross the Antarctic continent in 1914."

Finished this a few weeks ago. Incredible story and the book was very well written imho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tenstrike

Lil-Rokslider
Death in the Long Grass
Beneath the Scarlet Sky (Awesome true store about a young man in WWII Milan, Italy
Road to Huertegen (Reviewed as one of the best stories of combat ever written)