Boise, ID - fam trip

Hello,
Planning on a one day visit to Boise with my wife and three year old. Need recommendations on what to do and where to stay. Would love to hear some suggestions.. traveling last weekend of August.
Thanks, Chase

TheTone

WKR
If you’re interested in them EXO Mtn gear/S&S archery are there. I’ve had awesome service when I have stopped in to try on a pack

OP
cmeadors13
That’s right! Maybe we can try the new exo baby carrier coming out lol jk thanks for the heads up I like both of those companies but not sure my wife would understand

Depends, but if you want to stay downtown and take it in, there's a zoo you can walk to. Fam and I did that last summer and it was a fun way to spend an afternoon. Grabbed lunch at Bittercreek Alehouse first. Lots of options for food and drink.

IDBB96

FNG
Honestly Google is probably your best bet here.. I could recommend lots of places to eat but it all depends on what you're in the mood for and what part of town you're in.

If you've got the time, it lots of fun to float the Boise River (Barber Park to Ann Morrison Park) on a tube. There's Roaring Springs water park if you wanna cool off too. Other than that, the zoo is a nice option or walking around downtown seeing the sites is good too since our downtown is clean and friendly.

If you are a micro brew guy, there are lots of options downtown. Payette Brewing, Edge Brewing and Boise Brewing are all within walking distance of each other. If you like sushi, YOI TOMO downtown has an all you can eat deal that will wreck you. The old state penitentiary and Idaho mining and geology museum are right next door to each other they are an interesting tour.

def90

WKR
Single day, just spend it downtown, a ton of museums and parks along the river, the Simplot building with all the old tractors, restaurants and whatnot.

OP
cmeadors13
Thanks for all the good tips - any recommendations on a hotel downtown?

IDBB96

FNG
Thanks for all the good tips - any recommendations on a hotel downtown?

The Residence Inn and Inn at 500 are both really nice. There is a Home 2 Suites that just finished construction a couple months ago, but I haven't gotten the chance to check it out yet.

ODB

WKR
If it's clear and not smoky - drive up to Bogus. nice windy drive with good views.