BOAL gone, he took it

Great to see stiff penalties for a premeditated poaching case like this. Lived in Richmond for 4 years for schooling..wish I would have spent time in that cemetery taking pictures of deer!

kfili

Lil-Rokslider
Dumbest poacher, I'm not exactly local but everyone had pics of that buck, as soon as he posted it everyone knew what buck it was.

bigbassin

Lil-Rokslider
The thing I don’t get about this is:

1) I’m assuming if it’s in Richmond and the guy took it with a rifle someone heard it. I’m assuming you aren’t supposed to be shooting in city limits. Already a red flag

2) You post it on Facebook and submit it to a whitetail page? I imagine most deer hunters are like me and can describe all the local park deer just because they enjoy watching them

3) Guy clearly did it for the antlers, if he just wanted the meat he could have taken literally any other deer. Why not just wait until spring and try to find his sheds? You already have a general idea of where he beds

4) The enjoyment in deer hunting to me is being in the timber and trying to outsmart the buck in his habitat. I couldn’t care less about taking a semi-tame park deer. Does the clout of having those antlers really outweigh the hunt, and if so, maybe hunting really isn’t your thing

Shooter Mike

Lil-Rokslider
Years ago I used to run the north bank trail and buttermilk loop. Have ran through and around that cemetery many times. It’s always been so full of deer, and there are so many people in that area year-round. It’s astonishing to think he did this without anyone seeing him. And this couldn’t have been done with a firearm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk