Blisters

Will_m

WKR
Developing consistent and significant blisters under the ball of my feet when rucking 75+ at a fast (for me) pace between 15-18 minutes a mile. Start developing them around mile 3.

Without a load, I don't get hotspots. Anybody have this issue and a remedy?

LaHunter

WKR
What type of footwear/socks are you using during your rucks?
What type of terrain & elevation changes?

cdowell

FNG
Have you given lueko tape a try? Might not stay on well but its worth a shot. When you put a load on your back your bodies center of gravity naturally drifts forward, putting more pressure on the pads of your feet instead of your heal.

Lelder

Lil-Rokslider

Jasper17

FNG
I'm thinking theres something wrong with the boots/footwear like proper fit. Had a friend that had ok boots but any length of hike would cause blistering, and with a load it was worse.

tttoadman

WKR
When you have weight on your feet, I think you need to avoid "rolling" over your feet when you walk. I had this issue until I bought solid boots with PU insoles. Stiffer boots also makes you stride smaller which naturally puts less action on the balls of your feet. You are more likely to pick up your foot and put it back down. If you in a hurry, turn your feet over faster, but keep the strides short. I use liner socks. My boots are Lowa Tibets, Lowa Hunters, and La Sportive Nepals.

Akicita

WKR
Yup^^^^
When you have weight on your feet, I think you need to avoid "rolling" over your feet when you walk. I had this issue until I bought solid boots with PU insoles. Stiffer boots also makes you stride smaller which naturally puts less action on the balls of your feet. You are more likely to pick up your foot and put it back down. If you in a hurry, turn your feet over faster, but keep the strides short. I use liner socks. My boots are Lowa Tibets, Lowa Hunters, and La Sportive Nepals.

Yup^^^^^ - I'm a Scarpa guy when packing weight