Black Ovis Terrace Pant - initial impression

ZackP

WKR
Just had a set arrive today, wanted to give a little feedback on my thoughts.

The closest pant I can compare this to is the KUIU Attack (which I love). Almost as if the Attack and SG De Havilland had a baby.

The zipper vents, the feel, and the fit are fairly identical. I feel like they’re a bit more of an athletic fit over the Attack, ever so slightly.

I usually wear a 32S in Attack and went with a 32/32. I worries they would be a bit long as my OCD for length drives me insane. They fit more like a 32/31 and are very comfortable.

The fleece lining is also a nice touch, yet it isn’t too thick as others I have tried.

I haven’t put them through any trials yet, just wanted to give some initial impressions as I couldn’t find any and was interested in trying them out.

So far I think these are a pretty solid buy for anyone in the market for a new pant, that also loves the Attack and SG De Haviland.

I’ll update more as these see hard use to see if they are as durable as the SG and Attack. I’m usually very rough on my gear and hunt some pretty nasty lava flows so it will be interesting to see how they react.

Thanks for posting. I'm interested in the longevity of these.

The only Black Ovis branded clothing I have is their puffy pants. Good deal for the price, particularly for something I only wear occasionally and while stationary, so low risk on investment for me. I'd certainly be open to buying more gear from them.

TheViking

WKR
I have a few Black Ovis pieces and overall they have been great. I've been a die hard Kuiu guy for years, but have recently branched out because of the pricing of the BO clothing line. Pieces I own:

Tongas Rain Jacket - great piece, haven't had much time in rain yet, but it's a good truck rain coat. My good rain gear is too expensive to wear for casual events. This jacket is built tough and is very quality.

Timber Creek Grid Fleece - really great, warm piece. Standard grid fleece, but thick, defintely quality. It needs to be pretty cold to wear it hunting, unles you're sitting. Dirt cheap.

Realm 1/4 Zip Tech Hoodie - just wore this for my archery elk hunt, I knew the temps were going to be hot. It breathes really well, has the micro dots in the fabric (or whatever you want to call it) to help it breathe. Any wind blowing you feel right away. It was in the low 70s and I was never uncomfortable with the long sleeves and hood up. Durable, fit is great and again, dirt cheap. (you can see it in my profile pic with the bull I shot)

Realm Short Sleeve Tech Shirt - same as hoodie above, just the t-shirt verson. I like to wear this as a base layer when it's on the warmer side. I used to be a hard core merino guy, but recently switched to synthetics it warm weather and merino is cooler weather. Again, another great piece. I like to wear sleeves when hunting to keep the sun off of me, but this can defintely be worn by itself, if you prefer that.

Venture Merino Pullover - wore this quite a bit last year, again a solid piece. Nothing fancy, does as it's supposed to. Durable, fits well, great price.

I had a pair of pants that I ordered last year, but didn't like how loud they were, so I returned them (forget what exact model it was).

I just saw these pants (Terrace Pants) be released and am intrigued by them. My favorite pant of all time is the Attack Pant.

Bump79

WKR

The closest pant I can compare this to is the KUIU Attack (which I love). Almost as if the Attack and SG De Havilland had a baby.

The zipper vents, the feel, and the fit are fairly identical. I feel like they’re a bit more of an athletic fit over the Attack, ever so slightly.

I usually wear a 32S in Attack and went with a 32/32. I worries they would be a bit long as my OCD for length drives me insane. They fit more like a 32/31 and are very comfortable.

The fleece lining is also a nice touch, yet it isn’t too thick as others I have tried.

I haven’t put them through any trials yet, just wanted to give some initial impressions as I couldn’t find any and was interested in trying them out.

So far I think these are a pretty solid buy for anyone in the market for a new pant, that also loves the Attack and SG De Haviland.

I’ll update more as these see hard use to see if they are as durable as the SG and Attack. I’m usually very rough on my gear and hunt some pretty nasty lava flows so it will be interesting to see how they react.
This is interesting! I like both of those pants. Is the fleece bonded?

What size jeans do you wear?
I am trying to decide if I need to go up one size for the terrace.

OP
ZackP

ZackP

WKR
I have a few Black Ovis pieces and overall they have been great. I've been a die hard Kuiu guy for years, but have recently branched out because of the pricing of the BO clothing line. Pieces I own:

Tongas Rain Jacket - great piece, haven't had much time in rain yet, but it's a good truck rain coat. My good rain gear is too expensive to wear for casual events. This jacket is built tough and is very quality.

Timber Creek Grid Fleece - really great, warm piece. Standard grid fleece, but thick, defintely quality. It needs to be pretty cold to wear it hunting, unles you're sitting. Dirt cheap.

Realm 1/4 Zip Tech Hoodie - just wore this for my archery elk hunt, I knew the temps were going to be hot. It breathes really well, has the micro dots in the fabric (or whatever you want to call it) to help it breathe. Any wind blowing you feel right away. It was in the low 70s and I was never uncomfortable with the long sleeves and hood up. Durable, fit is great and again, dirt cheap. (you can see it in my profile pic with the bull I shot)

Realm Short Sleeve Tech Shirt - same as hoodie above, just the t-shirt verson. I like to wear this as a base layer when it's on the warmer side. I used to be a hard core merino guy, but recently switched to synthetics it warm weather and merino is cooler weather. Again, another great piece. I like to wear sleeves when hunting to keep the sun off of me, but this can defintely be worn by itself, if you prefer that.

Venture Merino Pullover - wore this quite a bit last year, again a solid piece. Nothing fancy, does as it's supposed to. Durable, fits well, great price.

I had a pair of pants that I ordered last year, but didn't like how loud they were, so I returned them (forget what exact model it was).

I just saw these pants (Terrace Pants) be released and am intrigued by them. My favorite pant of all time is the Attack Pant.

These are not loud at all, especially considering how loud the SG pants are. They really do remind me of the Attack in almost every way.

I have other BO pieces and have been pretty impressed, especially with their gloves. I used to be exclusively KUIU myself and have branched out. Their pants are my all time favorites next to SG.

That being said, the BO gloves are night and day better than KUIU, especially considering the price.

OP
ZackP

ZackP

WKR
This is interesting! I like both of those pants. Is the fleece bonded?

I am not sure, I’ll have to look into them more. It isn’t quite as pronounced as others, just the right amount in my opinion.

OP
ZackP

ZackP

WKR
What size jeans do you wear?
I am trying to decide if I need to go up one size for the terrace.

Usually 32/30 or 32/31. Depending on the fit. I like a more athletic fit in jeans also. These fit fairly athletic, but I train legs in the gym quite often.

They’re a little more athletic than the Attack or right close to it. FL pants IMO fit more like road hunter pants 😂

Hope that helps.

5’6” 178 lbs.