Black Ovis Palisades Down Glassing Mittens

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
I have the opportunity to review Black Ovis's newly released Palisades Down Glassing Mittens right here on the Rokslide forum!

You can check out and/or purchase the mittens here.... https://www.blackovis.com/blackovis-palisades-down-glassing-mitten

Black Ovis describes these mittens as "Extremely lightweight and exceptionally packable, the Palisades Glassing Mitten is a must-have for colder weather hunts. These mittens offer incredible warmth without any unnecessary bulk, making them perfect for those long glassing sessions or chilly mornings around camp. "

The mittens have a nylon shell and are insulated with real 80% duck down and lined with Tricot polyester according to the black ovis website, They are suppose to be wind resistant and they fold open for finger access.

I will be using these mittens on an eastern montana mule deer hunt, where we will be spending plenty of time behind glass in some cold weather I am sure based on my previous experience out there. The interesting thing about this hunt is I will have my kids (age 13 and 10) with me as well as my wife and I plan on them using the mittens as well, so you wont be getting only my opinion, but theirs also!! and I will go ahead and say, if these mittens keep my wifes hands warm, that will be a first! So will these be up to the task? Guess we will find out!