Black Gold Ascent Whitetail vs Mountain Lite

Hey guys,

Just looking for a little input here. I am an Eastern whitetail guy, and am looking to go to a 3 pin slider for an all around hunting sight. I have been looking at the Black Gold Ascent Whitetail, but the Mountain Lite seems like it has more features for only a few more bucks. If there is anyone with experience with these, would I be getting any benefit with the Ascent Whitetail over the Mountain Lite? The third axis, and the dual indicator seem to me like they are worth the extra bit of money.

Thanks
Kyle

I have both, custom 5 pins through S&S. I got the whitetail first, then the mountain lite. I then bought a ML3 base that comes stock on the Mtn Lite, and put it on the whitetail so Id have 3rd axis on both. Virtually the same sight now outside of the dual indicator on the Mtn Lite.

Easy call here, get the Mountain Lite.

Noklok

FNG
Both great sights. If your shot distances are close range the extra weight and parts of the third axis aren’t worth it in my opinion. Longer distances in severe terrain is a different story.

OP
K
Both great sights. If your shot distances are close range the extra weight and parts of the third axis aren’t worth it in my opinion. Longer distances in severe terrain is a different story.

Certainly makes sense. I do plan on going on some Western hunts though and don't want to have to get another sight, so I am leaning Mountain Lite.

Kularrow

Lil-Rokslider
I’m a Eastern Treestand Whitetail hunter. I had the same exact dilemma. I went with the ML over the the white tail because:

1. Dual Indicator
2. 3rd Axis (Think deer right under your stand)
3. Better for 3D shooting or TAC
3. Price is negligible given the upgrades

Hope this helps.

Noklok

FNG
I’m a Eastern Treestand Whitetail hunter. I had the same exact dilemma. I went with the ML over the the white tail because:

1. Dual Indicator
2. 3rd Axis (Think deer right under your stand)
3. Better for 3D shooting or TAC
3. Price is negligible given the upgrades

Hope this helps.
Good points