Black Eagle Deep Impact shafts

Pac8541

Lil-Rokslider
For those of you that have received the "outserts" included when these are ordered directly from BE, are these threaded to accept standard points or are they a footer designed to work with a deep six insert?

How have they been holding up? I hear a lot of guys shying away from any kind of outsert because of bending or damage during practice, has that been your experience?

Do they fit the shaft well and produce good alignment?

I've built up 3 of these shafts in 350 spine and used the VPA footed adapters. Excellent results. But, that adaptor is t made in a size for the 300 spine shaft and it appears that's the spine I need.

How have they been holding up? I hear a lot of guys shying away from any kind of outsert because of bending or damage during practice, has that been your experience?

Do they fit the shaft well and produce good alignment?

I've built up 3 of these shafts in 350 spine and used the VPA footed adapters. Excellent results. But, that adaptor is t made in a size for the 300 spine shaft and it appears that's the spine I need.

No issues with bending. I now use the SS ones. I have yet to bend an aluminum or SS one in 4 years and I shoot almost everyday. I also only use Rhinehart targets which are very dense.

I just got a dozen with SS inserts. No issues yet. Had a pass through that hit a rock on the other side and it destroyed the broad head. Put a new broadhead on and it spun true. Very impressed so far. Great combo with my obsession Fusion 6....520 grains shooting almost 285fps at 65#. Can't wait to thump an elk!!!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Finally got through my OCD-ness and got em built over the weekend.

BE DI 300 shafts.
3", 4-fletch feathers.
RMS Cutthroat 150s.
Firenock Aero Outserts.
Total weight: 485
FOC: 19%.

They're flying great and spinning true. Never tried just an outsert before so we'll see how that goes. Getting them to spin right wasn't as difficult as all the threads on why they suck seem to suggest. I sanded the shaft end just enough to get a snug fit and used Gorilla Glue epoxy which sets up in 5min. I lost one outsert/point in the Rhinehart so I guess I didn't use enough on that one shaft but the rest are staying put very well. Shot the dozen for 5 or 6 rounds yesterday and nothing's bent yet. The shafts came with BE's outserts which go further down the shaft than Firenocks but I feel like the Firenock ones are more precisely built. Anyway, gonna stretch them out a bit tomorrow morning and see how they do out to about 60yds. I'm not shooting a speedy rig so we'll see what about 255fps can do. Thanks for everyone's help.

IMG_4903.jpg

Back