Black Bear on my Deer

Last night I hit a buck high right behind the shoulder. I found good blood several hundred yards away and then not much after that. Looked for hours and eventually packed it in. First thing this morning I went back in to the last blood with my dog on leash. He picked up the trail again and eventually brought us in to some thick brush about 200 yards from that spot. I heard him let out a low growl and as I took another step in saw a deer partially buried with dirt and moss about 20 yards in front of me. I tried to look for the rack but it all happened quickly and I couldn't verify if it was my buck before a very large black bear charged us. Luckily the bear was distracted by my dog for a moment as I quickly moved away drawing my bear spray and calling my dog back. Definitely an adrenaline rush!
My question is if anyone has experience with this kind of situation and how long I should wait before going back to see if it is indeed my deer. I have gone back and searched other directions hoping to pick up the trail but so far nothing. It seems likely the bear got him based on how close it was to the last blood I found.
Obviously I'm pretty bummed about the whole situation and feel terrible about making a poor shot. I just want closure if possible, first animal I've ever lost.
Thanks

OP
K
That's your deer. Wait a week or two for the bear to finish and go back in, get the rack.

OR - do you have an archery bear tag? Go shoot the bear. Get double closure.
Thanks!
I do have a bear tag, though the spot is very thick. I thought about that but it would be a tough spot to get a shot off...