Binos compared. GPO, Athlon, Kowa, Ziess, Vortex

Luked

WKR
So I am looking for a new set of Binos.
Im not looking to spend thousands. I would love to be able to have that available cash but I don't and I know it.
What I am looking for is some opinions on the following Binos.

GPO 10x32 Passion ED
Athlon Cronos G2 UHD 10x42
Kowa BDII 10x42
Ziess Terra ED 10x42
Vortex Viper HD 10x42
Maven C1 10x42

Look at the reviews and comparisons on Backwoods Pursuit. Like anything in life, take what they have to say with a shot of tequila, a lime wedge, and some salt.

MTHokie

FNG
Athlon Cronus are an excellent glass at their price point. I recently tested them out for a couple weeks. Warning - the push-button diopter lock on them is funky. I haven't looked at the Maven C-series in the 10x42, but the 12x50s are very good. I'd be happy with either of those, and I would add Burris signature HDs on your list to consider. I really like open bridge - handles better IMO,and they are lighter.

gberb18

FNG
Have the viper 10x42s. No complaints at all, for $400 they're tough to beat. A lot of people hate on vortex for being cheaper but at the end of the day, they have a lifetime warranty and compete with more expensive glass at a much more affordable price. Yes there is definitely better glass. But the vipers are a great budget set of binos.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
It's our pleasure, as a long standing supporting vendor here, to discuss the different available options and special opportunities with you. Please give a call, 516-217-1000, when you have the time. Thanks

OP
Luked

Luked

WKR
So bought some Maven C1 in the classifieds here.
Will be checking them out here soon to see how they are.

Another decent pair of binos that won’t break the bank are the diamondback hd 10x42. You can catch those for $150 at different times. 21oz. Tough to beat for the money. Best wishes

In the same boat looks like camerland has a steal on some kowa binos. Did you end up liking the c1?