binoculars with Low light ?

Charon

Lil-Rokslider
I want a set of binoculars that I can see good in the woods, dawn and evening. I'm not rich, so under $200 roughly. I might be able to go higher, but at this time I can't.

You may have to pick one or the other. Great in low light AND under $200 likely ain't happening.

Rob5589

WKR
Hmmm, that is a tough one. Optics, maybe more than anything, are definitely a "you get what you pay for" piece of gear. Always buy the best you can afford, even if that is only 200 simoleons. I was satisfied with my Vortex Diamondback 10x42 at their price point. If you can do around 300 the Maven C1 gets many rave reviews.

Not a particular model, but you might want to consider a 8x to pick up a little more light than a 10x. If it were me and I was intending to use them mostly in SC I would look at a set of 8x42.

In your particular situation I would make the decision of what type of purchase you're making. Is this a long term purchase, something you're going to use constantly and need to be up to snuff? Or do you get out just occasionally and might replace them in a few years?

If it's a short term/moderate use purchase there are some options out there, none that are very good IMO. Something like Vortex Diamondbacks or Bushnell Legends.

If it's a longer term purchase I would stretch the budget and buy a demo set of Maven C.1s in 8x42. For just under $300 you can get into a set of binoculars that you won't need to replace anytime soon, and are super bright and clear in low light.

Shraggs

WKR
If that’s your budget for certain, knowing it’s difficult to get quality glass at that price —- I would look at binoculars that have at least a 5mm exit pupil and be willing to accept lower lower.

Two come to mind, leupd Yosemite 6x30 and the vortex 6x30.

Blue72

WKR
That’s easy!

Plenty of 7x50 binoculars out there in that price range.

7x50 have huge 7mm exit pupils.

It’s popular with astronomers in very dark skies

Neil944

FNG
8x42 in either the bushnell legend M (<$200) or Maven C1 (<$300). Either has glass that punches above their price range.