Binocular Tripod Mount options

Fetty Wapiti

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for outdoorsman. They are awesome. Also others said something about sending in binoculars. You can install the stud in about 3 minutes at home....

Another vote for outdoorsman. They are awesome. Also others said something about sending in binoculars. You can install the stud in about 3 minutes at home....

Incorrect, on the EL you have to send in for install and part of the process requires machining or something. On the SLC and NL you can order the stud and install it yourself with an inch pound torque wrench.

It's still worth it to do even with the down time and the sooner your send them in the sooner you get them back.

Fetty Wapiti

Lil-Rokslider
Incorrect, on the EL you have to send in for install and part of the process requires machining or something. On the SLC and NL you can order the stud and install it yourself with an inch pound torque wrench.

It's still worth it to do even with the down time and the sooner your send them in the sooner you get them back.
Damn, I never thought about that I have one on my nl and slc. Didn't even think about the EL. Good to know.

Really Right Stuff Cinch Elite. It can removed in seconds and reinstalled just as quick. You can even move it from bino to bino all you have to do is adjust the strap if necessary.

Austink47

WKR
Recently switched from outdoorsmen to Aziak. The outdoorsman was great but, switching between binoculars and spotter was a pain and I did have to make several long hikes back to the glassing knob to find the post. I am hunting less glass intensive country now and prefer the simpler streamline set up. Aziak is only worth it if you are using a arca Swiss head.

Redwing

Lil-Rokslider
I guess I'm in the minority here, but I prefer the Swarovski universal tripod adapter for my pair of ELs. I own the Aziak and used to own the RRS and they're both good, but I had a hard time getting used to the binos being off center of the tripod head. I love the Outdoorsman system for other binos, but I would prefer not to mechanically modify my ELs with an aftermarket stud. There's also some question as to whether that could void the Swaro warranty.

The UTA is solid and I've been happy with it. The foot fits in an Arca Swiss head without the need for an additional plate. I've used the platform as a rifle rest while hunting. It holds my binos secure. No complaints.
4d2dbf8abd0a832e27291c0f8dbe9d98.jpg

Last edited:
Quite like the Spartan stuff and had a spare Classic adapter after installing the Gunsmith adapters in my rifles. The Spartan bino harness is $180aud -pricey! So, a little bit of ally angle shaped, drilled and tapped.

CA19CEB4-FF64-4F8A-9A8B-4296A10FDBA1.jpeg051F48A1-4DC7-43EC-BC12-EAD4C4F90B3B.jpeg
Doesn’t protrude enough to catch on my bino harnes.

For $45 a Spartan 12mm/Arca adapter attached to a small section of ally channel (a little extra height- I’m 6’4”)with a couple of lightening holes then drilled and tapped for tripod. My chinese breakable trigger stick is good to go.
D84F3A82-88B3-4E43-A4B0-DE1B9D079107.jpegA569C0C5-F25B-4F8B-9460-E77A34415526.jpeg

It’s a pretty fast changeover to the rifle too.

Cheers
Phil

Montucky

WKR
Classified Approved
Found this thread while shopping for an Arca option for my EL 10x42. Was dead set on the outdoorsman stud but found the AZIAK option & I’m thinking this is the route I’m gonna try…….are there any reasons you guys have to Not go AZIAK…….?

Outdoorsmans.
They press the stud into the hinge. Does not effect the swaro warranty.
I carry all my els in marsupials. Every one has an adapter for the stud in the front pocket.

outdoor_matt

Lil-Rokslider
RRS bino cinch elite is a great option for my Leica 8x42 Ultravids. No stud option seemed great if I ever wanted to switch up optics. Packs very flat, and arca plate is perfect for my Jim White 2.0 head.

As many guys have said already the outdoorsman is the answer its simple and fast I keep the post on my tripod since I'll glass with binos most of the time very happy with that product

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

sram9102

WKR
16810474454505311812271991860422.jpg
I recently made the switch from an outdoorsman to the tricer adapter. Same basic idea but the tricer has an arca compatible base so no need for an additional plate. It also come with two studs for substantially cheaper than the outdoorsman.

ewade07

WKR
View attachment 540980
I recently made the switch from an outdoorsman to the tricer adapter. Same basic idea but the tricer has an arca compatible base so no need for an additional plate. It also come with two studs for substantially cheaper than the outdoorsman.
i just made the switch as well. what are your thoughts on it? honestly, i might send it back. the peg is too long to leave attached to your binos when in my bino harness. im also not to impressed with the tightness when fully clamped down.

ewade07

WKR
Found this thread while shopping for an Arca option for my EL 10x42. Was dead set on the outdoorsman stud but found the AZIAK option & I’m thinking this is the route I’m gonna try…….are there any reasons you guys have to Not go AZIAK…….?
Did you try out the Aziak? Im looking at gettting one myself

Kramer Designs makes a little adaptor that wasn't too bad of an option either. Similar concept to all the others, but probably the lightest out there.

I have an Outdoorsmans as well. It's great, but they are a bit proud of them.

sram9102

WKR
i just made the switch as well. what are your thoughts on it? honestly, i might send it back. the peg is too long to leave attached to your binos when in my bino harness. im also not to impressed with the tightness when fully clamped down.
I don't leave it attached but I could see that being a problem if you wanted to. Not having to have an additional plate to make the outdoorsman fit the arca was the main draw for me. I think the amount of play when tightened works as designed. If the tripod isn't perfectly level it allows the binos to adjust to level out. I liked it enough to sell the outdoorsman.

ewade07

WKR
I don't leave it attached but I could see that being a problem if you wanted to. Not having to have an additional plate to make the outdoorsman fit the arca was the main draw for me. I think the amount of play when tightened works as designed. If the tripod isn't perfectly level it allows the binos to adjust to level out. I liked it enough to sell the outdoorsman.
interesting take, i didnt think about the leveling of the binos. I just ordered the Aziak and am going to give both a try!

BuckRut

Lil-Rokslider
I plan to 3d print my own similar to the Aziak. Any one who has used it have any custom mods you would add if making your own?