Binocular Harness Head to Head

Stingray

Lil-Rokslider
I find that the straps tend to loosen as the day goes on and the pouch slides down my chest. I switched to Marsupial because of the locking straps clips. Problem solved but the magnet and the material make more noise than others. So, I’d be interested to see which ones stay put as you sweat and move.

Ratbeetle

WKR
Can you tell me the sizes on the harnesses in the picture? Nice to see them all side by side for comparison.

Before I bought manufactured bino harnesses, I thought about adapting a strap and hook system to my shoulder straps.
I'd like to see photos of what you're using.
I don't do multiple days out of my pack, I use a Basecamp and daypack. Kanjera is the brand. They actually make a bino harness that can be used on its own or remove the back strap and clip it to the pack straps.

20220716_180920.jpg

Walkstoomuch

Lil-Rokslider
Where can I find the results of this comparison? Looking at the marsupial and the stone glacier

sheephunt

FNG
100% agree. For such a simple piece of gear, it seems perfection would have been reached by now.

I don’t believe there’s any such thing as “the best”. Everyone has their own preferences. What one guy likes the other may dislike and vice versa. Just like a car or truck. I may like the F150….the next guy may prefer the Toyota Tundra! Lots of options.

Holmes

Lil-Rokslider
@Zach Herold I'd really like to know about how each harness does with rain, pushing through wet brush, and heavy sweating.

I like the design of my Mystery Ranch harness, but it wets out in the rain. I have even found my binos wet and steamed up from sweat soaking through the back of the harness.

Despite this, I still like the design better than the AK Guide Creations, Vortex, Badlands, and Sitka models I've tried in stores.

Where can I find the results of this comparison? Looking at the marsupial and the stone glacier
They aren’t out yet, I would assume Zach is doing the comparison justice and actually testing them all in the field so he has a valuable real world review

Having had both, personally, it’s not even close for me, I like the marsupial a lot and didn’t like the stone glacier at all… the stone may be fine with small light binos, but for full size glass, there are a bunch of stuff that I didn’t like

Thought the stone was going to be the perfect harness for me until I tried one… I didn’t even try to sell mine, just gave it to a buddy.

The marsupial is my favorite on the market, I think the second gen outdoor vision has some potential too, I like the first gen, but it’s a little bulky, they pretty much seemed to make the refinements I didn’t care for, and I’ll probably get one soon to try

Some of it will come down to personal preference and the hunting you do

There are a lot to choose from, and surprisingly, none have really seemed to “nail it” on design, but the marsupial is my favorite compromise currently

tracker12

WKR
I have been using a FHF for the last 5 years. I wouldn't mind trying the Marsupial but not sure it gives me that much more than what I already have.

Last edited:

Ashenwelt

FNG
It would be interesting to add the Vortex or Leupold to your list. The Vortex is available for 29.99 on Amazon so it is very available (and sometimes comes with the glass) and the Leupold for those who focus on Leupold... okay it's harder to argue Leupold but Vortex is simply so cheap and available.