Bino helo

Jon_G

WKR
Best binos for $1000 give or take a couple hundred.
Is there such a thing as a great product for that price?

wagif704

FNG
When considering on buying anything, the price shouldn't matter as long as the item worth the amount you're spending on it and most importantly when it's a stuff you needed more. What type of bino is that?

TN2shot07

WKR
If you handed me a $1k and said I want the best I can get for that I’d patiently watch the classifieds for some Swaro SLC’s. Spend the other couple hundred sending them back to Swaro for cleaning/update.

If you’re wanting new I really like my Mavens.

used meopta b1 with money left over

Flatgo

Lil-Rokslider
Ziess just updated their Conquest line. you can get new "old style Conquests" for $700 right now since they are closing that model out. they are as good as it get's for the $1000 dollar mark of binos

OneH

FNG
Best name brand $1000 bins so far I have experienced are Leupold BX5 Santiam 10x42 newest ones with better eyecups followed by Nikon Monarch HG.

Best generic brand made in China Skyrover Banner Cloud APO 10x42 for $509. Nothing even comes remotely close to them short of spending over $1000. I really like the extremely gianormously wide views similar to my Swarovski NL Pures 10x42 which matter of fact I actually ended up trading in owning them for roughly one month after buying the Banner Cloud. No they're not as sharp as the Swarovski but are plenty clear enough with zero chromatic aberration way better than the Nikon Monarch HG.

OP
Jon_G

Jon_G

WKR
Thanks everyone for the responses! I didn't mention I had a pair of Leupold BX5 Santiams because I figured someone would ask why would I want to get rid of them or how can I expect better for $1000 or something. I think I'm going to sell them and save up for some SLC's though. I do spend a long time on my binos at the archery range so that's why I made this post. Thanks all for help!

I have been using the Zeiss Conquests for over 5 years now. I'm not easy on stuff, and they have been fine. Not saying they are best, but definitely best of the 5 different sub 1k binos I went through.

Used does open up what should be a better grade, but I have limited experience with Swaro and Leica.

My Zeiss are used almost daily, without a hiccup so far.

OP
Jon_G

Jon_G

WKR
I have been using the Zeiss Conquests for over 5 years now. I'm not easy on stuff, and they have been fine. Not saying they are best, but definitely best of the 5 different sub 1k binos I went through.

Used does open up what should be a better grade, but I have limited experience with Swaro and Leica.

My Zeiss are used almost daily, without a hiccup so far.
Thanks for the info! I am not going to buy what I'm looking for now until I sell my current pair, so I will definitely take a hard look at some used Zeiss' if they come up on a thread. I did read some good stuff about those as well.

Thanks for the info! I am not going to buy what I'm looking for now until I sell my current pair, so I will definitely take a hard look at some used Zeiss' if they come up on a thread. I did read some good stuff about those as well.

Like said previously, the model I have is discontinued, and I have been seeing around $700.

Been thinking of getting another pair for if/when mine do die.