Big plug for black ovis. Huge disappointment with first lite

Pretty sure FL uses the euro sizing model. It has to do with layers on top of layers. Hence a outer/hard shell is going to run bigger than a next to skin base layer. I could see that causing a problem in some cases.
Their bottoms do run a little big though...

ljalberta

WKR
No experience with First Lite, but I loved dealing with Black Ovis. Stellar service - even for a Canadian.

Grunt-N-Gobble

Lil-Rokslider
My experience with ordering directly from FL have been good. No issue with sizing. I however made the mistake of ordering the puffy jacket in an xl when i should have bought the large. The return process was very easy.

FL does run their sizes in a layering system. European? Anyways, if you wear a medium top, you buy everything else in a medium. Same for large and so on. They have a more athletic cut, like kuiu but maybe not to the same extent? The corragate pants are a little snug but they stretch and i have no issues with them or the tops i bought. Im not an athletic built guy by an means, at least not currently!

Seeknelk

WKR
I can't believe anyone can run the merino boxers, I tried some new areowool boxer briefs, heard they were tougher...lasted one week. Wore right thru...comfy as all git out but can't afford a new pair every week. What kind life you guys get out of em?

ofl0926

WKR
I have a lot of first lite gear. I’ve usually talk to them prior to ordering to make sure I get the correct size. I’m 5’6 at 170lbs.

Llano medium
Chama medium
Aerowool zip t medium
Kanab medium
Puffy medium
Sanctuary medium

I just ordered the halstead and new sawtooth both in medium and fit fine. Also the only mistake was north branch pants, I didn’t ask about these, ordered a medium, too big. Had to get small. All in all, I either call or use their chat service. Love their products.
I also own some kuiu and badlands approach stuff, size large.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm glad to know they wouldn't take your underwear back and just gave your cash back. I don't want any underwear that have been shipped to any customers, I wonder how much they lose on those?