Big Hats for Big Heads

CaliWoodsman

Lil-Rokslider
The good Lord blessed me with massive brain power and capacity (or so I tell my wife), but had to use an XL cranium to fit all that gray matter into. One issue with my 7 3/4 hat-sized head is that finding hats to wear is difficult. Most companies use the Richardson 112 Trucker Hat in the One Size Fits Most size, which 7 3/4 is on the extreme upper end. For me, that typically means I'm on the very last snap on the back which doesn't make for a great fit. Every now and then, I'll find a hat that fits great, with a few extra snaps to spare, but they're few and far between. I do enjoy repping hats from outdoor brands that I use and support.

So, my fellow large headed dudes (hat sizes less than 7 3/4 need not apply) - what baseball/trucker style hats have you found from outdoor companies that fit?

JohnB

WKR
I'm always searching for a new hat so I want to keep an eye here to find some more 7 3/4 hats that actually fit!

WRO

WKR
I too have a large head, the flexfit 110s work well as well as the Richardson pts30s in xl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wear a 7 3/4 or 7 7/8 and don’t have any issues with the following
- first lite trucker
- kuiu icon
- stormy kromer makes sized hats
- outdoor research sun runner

I feel ya. Same issues here. I try to stay away from “one size fits all” hats and look for hats with actual sizes like: s,m,l, xl. Some of the Kuiu flex fit hats have a l/xl size which works great.

Mammoth might be worth looking into as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seeknelk

WKR
Mammoth hats as mentioned. They have a variety of styles
I have a mesh snap back for warm weather and a wool snap back for a little warmth. They make beanies and such also. 7 7/8 noggin here. Also stormy kromer makes up to 8 I think. Have to usually order them that size tho.

yfarm

WKR
Adams Hat Co Cool Crown, leather strap, mesh lining. Wear a 7 5/8- 7 3/4 Stormy Kromer and the Adams leaves plenty of room. Non structured hat which I like under hoods

Last edited:
The Sitka dry fit/traverse hats fit better than anything I’ve found. Even when I find a hat that fits, they usually always have that weird hump in the front (the traverse does not)

Jack84

FNG
Classified Approved
I like the Kuiu flex fit l/xl and then got a cheap hat stretcher off Amazon to make them bigger.

K_pem

WKR
I too have trouble finding good fitting performance hats that fit well, If you like their styling GoHunt has a few good options. I have a large ish head (prob 7-1/2 if i remember fitted hat days well) and i got a couple of their performance hats this year.

The Hydra hat was massive and i actually sent them back, just too much volume for my liking but a sweet hat for sure.

The Softie hats are awesome and basically seem indestructible and dont keep their form, i have that one maybe 1/2 to 2/4 adjusted so it has room to grow for you; i highly recommend this hat, im going to get more.

Also bought a performance hat from a company called Branded Bills; we will see how that fits.