Big Bull for my dad

Longstride12

Lil-Rokslider
You da man Justin! Way to go on an awesome season so far, I know your Dad is smiling! Keep it up and post more info on the hunt when you get some time.

Yukondog

WKR
Nice work! I lost my Dad on June 27th of this year. I know the pride you must feel in getting it done. Very emotional I'm sure. Awesome!

OP
justin davis
Thanks guys.
The story of the hunt was pretty simple. Thanks to my dad I think. Long story short I just stumbled upon this bull with cows. They basically just stood there. The shot was a hard quartering away shot (no margin for error). I made a perfect shot and the rest is history.

Kifaru KU ultralight doing work
DSC_5041.jpg

OP
justin davis
DSC_5012.jpg

Used Hanwag MTN Light hikers. These were also my footwear used on this hunt. So dang dry and crunchy out. Only thing I could do to be quiet. Got blisters from hiking in socks

Last edited:

MT_Nate

FNG
That is just awesome! What a bull...your Dad undoubtedly is VERY proud! I lost my Dad nearly 30 years ago, but he instilled a hunting urge in me that cannot be tamed. Every time I have a great hunting encounter I know he's watching...maybe even twisting the dials so they happen a little more perfect than the elk would've liked. Sure wish I could've experienced more of them with him around...