Big Agnes Torchlight UL 20 Reviews?

Does anyone have experience with this bag? Likes/dislikes? I'm considering upgrading to a warmer/lighter bag, and this one has piqued my interest. I'm sure the quality isn't quite on par with the SG Chilkoot 15, but the weight is really close (1 oz heaver for the "normal" size) and it's more affordable. It also looks quite roomy which is appealing as I'm a 6'1" side sleeper.

Another note - I have seen the women's version of the bag at pretty steep discounts. It looks to be exactly the same other than 2" less room in the shoulders and 2" more in the hip section. I don't think this seems like a big deal as the shoulder girth on the women's bag is still 68" which is quite a bit more than many bags. Other than being laughed at on Rokslide, I'm not sure why I wouldn't go that route if it's significantly cheaper.

Men's UL 20

Women's UL 20

you're in the price range of bags (SG) and quilty things (zen bivy lite) that have proven themselves as good products at similar weights. IMO, the zen bivy in particular is as good as it gets for a side sleeper. Is there some feature about the BA that is strongly appealing to you?

OP
B
I’d argue they’re not the same price range. The SG is $600, and I feel like they don’t really run sales. The Torchlight looks like it can be had for $300-350. If I could find a gently used Chilkoot 15 for that, I’d probably jump on it. But I don’t even really see that. The appeal is that the specs look very similar for a lower price point.

I haven’t looked into the ZenBivy but will do so. I am open to quilts. I just don’t want to invest in a $400 experiment only to find out I don’t like it.

There's been a good number of sg bags in that range at the classifieds recently. If you're a veteran check the price in your cart too.

OP
B
I’ll keep an eye out. And I’m not a veteran but good on SG for offering that.

In the meantime, would be interested to hear from anyone that does have experience with the Torchlight UL 20.