robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Good thread!

Rosinbag, post that bad boy up! Would love to see a 31" 3 point

Here's mine
attachment.php

Idaho archery buck, story is on the home page under "other"

Man Robbie, that is the best posed deer I've ever seen in a field photo! ;)
On a serious note, that is my favorite type of mainframe three... I love them long sweeping single mains! I think they look funny with no forks in the back... :p

Mike

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Drummund- friggin killer!!!!!! I'd agree with Bohntr.
Hellscanyon, yea, funny deal, just stiffened right up after I shot him, like he wanted to be in the pic!

dotman

WKR
It took me awhile getting used to hearing people talk about 10 or 32 point bucks when I moved to KC from MT, just so weird :)

Tookeymonster

Lil-Rokslider
I take it you haven't been out west too long?

It has 8 scoreable point and/or 4 scoreable points on both sides. If its scorable you have to count it.....at least that is what I have been told. I entered in a WT 8pt contest and had one point that was questionable and got DQ'ed because the P&Y scorer said it was a 9 pointer/ 4x5.

That is an amazing buck no matter 3x3 or 4x4 or what ever. But yes Im a recent TX transplant. I need to learn all the new lingo.

a3dhunter

WKR
It has 8 scoreable point and/or 4 scoreable points on both sides. If its scorable you have to count it.....at least that is what I have been told. I entered in a WT 8pt contest and had one point that was questionable and got DQ'ed because the P&Y scorer said it was a 9 pointer/ 4x5.

That is an amazing buck no matter 3x3 or 4x4 or what ever. But yes Im a recent TX transplant. I need to learn all the new lingo.

you have whitetail count, and then western count....only count one side of "up" tines.
You can imagine my disappointment when I first saw a ten point whitetail buck (expecting 20+ points)....

No big deal but yeah you will get some funny looks if you walk into the cafe after hunting and tell the hunters in the booth next to you that "I just seen me a huge 8 point! Hw was just too far away and never offered a shot though..." ;)

A 4x4 with/without eye guards is still a 4x4 or a "4-point", a 5x5 with/without eye guards is still a 5x5 or a "5 point"... This is the way all the cool kids do it out West :)

Mike
Mike