Bi pod selection

alaska_bou

Lil-Rokslider
I just picked up a Spartan Javelin Pro from the help of Oregon Hunter here on Rokslide. Very impressed so far. Solid and only 6.5 ounces or so. The new acra-spartan adapter lets me use my tripod when I need more height. I don't think you will find a better option when weight is a concern.

I also have the Hatch bipod and I am not as happy with that. When in prone you actually lose almost all ability to cant the rifle. It is good for sitting but heavy and impractical for most other applications.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
How do you hunt, where do you hunt, what does your shot look like you would take with a bipod?

I like Modular Evolution, but I don't even take a bipod hunting or shooting much any more.

NeedleCrook

Lil-Rokslider
I just picked up a Spartan Javelin Pro from the help of Oregon Hunter here on Rokslide. Very impressed so far. Solid and only 6.5 ounces or so. The new acra-spartan adapter lets me use my tripod when I need more height. I don't think you will find a better option when weight is a concern.

I also have the Hatch bipod and I am not as happy with that. When in prone you actually lose almost all ability to cant the rifle. It is good for sitting but heavy and impractical for most other applications.
I’ll take that hatch from you if youre interested in selling.

Seeknelk

WKR
Spartan javelin if you hate having the weight swinging on the front of your gun messing up the balance. With a flush gunsmith adapter in most of my rifles it's an easy button for me. Snaps on in seconds. Carry in my pocket. Weighs 6-8 oz. 5 kills off it so far I think.
But not ideal for say, a competition rifle ,.or a real heavy rig.

HuntnPack

WKR
Atlas CAL Tall with ADM mount, add a pair of cleat feet, & 3” Leg extensions.
You can configure that set-up to cover a lot of scenarios.

slowelk

WKR
Atlas CAL Tall with ADM mount, add a pair of cleat feet, & 3” Leg extensions.
You can configure that set-up to cover a lot of scenarios.

Those claw feet are too aggressive. If they had a less aggressive version I’d give them a go.

kevin11mee

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Hatch bipod and it's great. I can shoot kneeling, sitting, and prone.

HuntnPack

WKR
Those claw feet are too aggressive. If they had a less aggressive version I’d give them a go.
Try these

slowelk

WKR
Try these

I was actually eyeing those after I responded to your post. They seem like a good compromise, and you're less likely to die from an impalement wound.

Dobermann

WKR
The old version of the Cleat Feet, BT24, don't have the large central spike, just a series of small spikes around a large circle.

They are also articulated, so they're always parallel to the ground/surface you're shooting from - rather than single spikes that are set on an angle and may not have much purchase if the bipod leg angle is obtuse.

Grisha

Lil-Rokslider
very happy with the evolution system mounted on rail - has some neat options like the tripod mount. I don't hunt with a bipod all the time, so I like the flexibility to drop it off altogether easily as well.

HuntnPack

WKR
The old version of the Cleat Feet, BT24, don't have the large central spike, just a series of small spikes around a large circle.

They are also articulated, so they're always parallel to the ground/surface you're shooting from - rather than single spikes that are set on an angle and may not have much purchase if the bipod leg angle is obtuse.
I tried the articulating type, & had to fiddle with them a few times to get em both aligned. One would hang up sometimes. Or they wouldn’t be as stable.

Much prefer rigid type cleats.