Beyond Clothing

Poser

WKR
I’ve been seeing a lot of marketing for this brand, Beyond Clothing out of Seattle. Does appear that at least some of their line is made in the USA. A little cheaper, $30-$50 than comparable hunting brands, Earth tone options in all or most of their line with traditional camo patterns (tiger stripes, etc). They seem to be peripherally marketing to hunters.

Edit: I just noticed that there was a post on this brand dating back to 2012 when they were brand new.

Last edited:
I own a few pieces of their clothing. The Loki jacket the a5 rig light jacket and their rain gear. And absolutely love it. They are one of the companies that make tall sizes that fit me. It's a bonus that I can drive to their show room if I want to try something on but their sizes run true from what I've seen. They have 2 lines now one is American mad and one is overseas in fair trade countries if I recall that correctly. They also did attempt to make a hunting line. It was the lupus line if recall that correctly too.

Glad to see this thread, following! I've been checking them out as well. I really like the colors offered and the build and quality seems to be legit. One of the guys, Adam, with "Beyond the Kill" has used the Rig Backcountry pants and the Alpha sweater on a few big hunts/films (East of the sun - https://journalofmountainhunting.com/category/films/ ) and has great things to say about them on his podcast. Great dry times and very solid durability. They seem to offer a full layer system as well. Those Element pants look like they are BOMBER!

Would love to hear more about this brand!

Any thoughts on the K5 Makers Pant for scouting, backpacking, early season hunting?

I’d like them better for that purpose if they had some hip venting.

I own a few pieces of their clothing. The Loki jacket the a5 rig light jacket and their rain gear. And absolutely love it. They are one of the companies that make tall sizes that fit me. It's a bonus that I can drive to their show room if I want to try something on but their sizes run true from what I've seen. They have 2 lines now one is American mad and one is overseas in fair trade countries if I recall that correctly. They also did attempt to make a hunting line. It was the lupus line if recall that correctly too.
Their stuff is awesome!
Some of it is not however true to size; some is made for the military and meant to fit in a layered system over and under body armor. I wear a 2x shirt and have a medium 'monster parka' and it is HUGE on me.

I have been wearing the Beyond Clothing PCU base layers and soft shell for a couple years now. Works great, keeps you warm and dries quickly when wet. I even wear their PCU short sleeve tee and boxers daily. Soft, comfortable, and durable. No reason for me to switch to anything else...highly recommen.

Beyond generally makes durable, reliable clothing. As a whole it is behind the top mountaineering brands in textile performance, fit, and weight.

Fit is less contoured, baggier, and overall less refined. Weight, due to textiles is a bit heavier than specific mountain brands produce. These are not necessarily knocks against Beyond- they cater to a customer, and that customer is generally not a specific backpacking, or backpack hunter.

350$ for a pair of nylon stretchy pants is insane whether they were made in America Or in outer space. If your cool with that knock yourself out.

350$ for a pair of nylon stretchy pants is insane whether they were made in America Or in outer space.

Only because you are used to Asian prices. American fabric, American sewers making an American wage, by an American company. Check the prices for Arc’teryx, Patagonia, OR, etc. Berry Compliant clothing.
You only think $350 is expansive for US made goods because your world view is skewed by extremely cheap Asian products. When you pay $12+ an hour for sewing instead of less than $2 an hour, the product costs more.

This is the problem with chest thumping, “buy american”, patriotic hyperbole- no one actually means it. Your American made stretchy nylon pants are $300-700. Your totally American made scope starts at $2,500. Your American made phone (which the US does not have the capability or technical knowledge to do) is $3,000+. Your American made car is $200,000 for a base model.

Leupold has American made glass starting at less than 200$. Carhart, Duluth, Keen, all have lines of American made good that aren’t outrageous. Berry compliant is a racket. Nobody has ever sold anything to the US government at a fair price. It’s all priced through the roof bc the Government is the one writing the check.

Maybe they’re fantastic pants. I’ll never know. Try to buy American when I can. Just not gonna spend a car payment on a pair of britches.

My biggest complaint is paying for something I can’t put my hands on, and if it doesn’t fit I have to go through the hassle of returns. If I lived in Washington, no issue.

Back